Yet ANOTHER newbie here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm a newbie here. I got into Stingrays earlier this year and built a couple of them, then I realized that 26" bikes are a better fit for a 6-foot tall, 47-year old guy. :p This is my '71 Typhoon; an original paint survivor bike that I rescued from a neighbor who was throwing it out with her trash. Soooooo.... I customized it with a bent springer, whitewall Westwind repops, a vintage Stingray banana seat and sissy bar, and some insane 22" apes. I still have a pair of bullet headlights that need to be installed. This forum rocks, and I hope to be around here a lot more.
Randy
100_3003.jpg

Welcome! Serious irony....there is a recent thread here talking about full-size Sting Ray bikes.....voila! You will like it here...... :mrgreen:

Nice save and nice conversion.

There's a bunch of us 40 somethings here, you'll fit in well.

Where are you from? It looks flat like the Midwest in the pic.

Scott

Oh man, schweet bike. There is a guy on here that just bought a green typhoon that he wants to make into a 26 inch stingray.. He is gonna love your bike. Oh and welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, everybody! There is so much kool stuff going on here, I just can't believe it!

DUUUUDE!

thats so weird.

i just brought up the idea a few days ago.
i have a 69 typhoon i want to do the same thing with.

i got a really tall sissy bar though.
same banana seat on order.
hah.
now i need a springer.
that looks awesome!

word.
blink!

very cool bike. this only reassures me that this is a higher sign for me to make a 26" stingray of my own. i got like 7 cruisers and one or two of them could use a makeover. got a old schwinn cruiser of my own and it is one of the best working bikes i own. gotta love it. welcome, you are among friends. :D

Latest posts

Back