Yet another

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one from Detroit. I'm just south of Det, 'bout 10 miles. Not into much of the lifestyle but picked up a '62 straight bar typhoon and liked the flat black look with chrome apes so thats what it looks like. I'll be happy once I get my WW's and a comfortable saddle.

Later,
Lefty

Thanks for the welcome. The only pics I have are in my cell phone and they aren't very good. I will be taking some more pics today and get them up tonight.

thanks,
Lefty

Here's a couple of pics.

2007_0525bikes0004.jpg

2007_0525bikes0002.jpg

2007_0525bikes0005.jpg

I will post a few more after I get my WW's and new saddle.

Lefty

if it helps, I've found WWW at Kmart for 9.99 each...they're on the Rat Rocket..

I saw a set a KMart myself but was told that won't fit the S-7 rim. Is that true or will they fit? If so, that would save me a lot of grief.

Also could you post a pic of the rat rocket with them on, I searched and could only find black wall tires.

Lefty

lefty801 said:
....... I am interested in going to a local show if there is one coming up soon.......

Check out this thread for the largest bike show in the state and one of the biggest in the country - http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1203 This is one you DO NOT want to miss next year !

The FreakBike Militia on here are gearing up for a CanAm summit meeting in the greater Hamilton area of Ontario July 21-22nd. Come on out and have a riot on Pixies and cruise the beach with us.......

RatRod, yeah it's a '62 straightbar typhoon. Atleast according to the serial number. I am considering the springer front end myself. Is there any difference in ride quality, or is it mostly for looks??

Bud, thanks for the heads up about the Kmart tires. I will ordering the 26x2x1 3/4 WW tires from Memory Lane classics next week. Better prices than my LBS and a fatter tire which my LBS can't even order.

Would it be worth it to investigate changing rims sets altogether to allow myself more options?? (Tire selection, geared hubs, wider rims)

I'll have to check my schedule about the July weekend.

Lefty

Thanks, it is a ways off in the future. The hard part is that the bike rides great now, so why upgrade?? I like the look, just gotta get the basics done first.

Lefty

welcome!

If you could make it to the can am it would be great. Bud forgot to mention that some of us is heading over there for the friday night midnight madness get together. That's on the 20th.

Latest posts

Back