yo from joisey!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've been directed to this site because I had too many questions about my 1962 Schwinn Corvette that didn't involve "collectable" restoration. I came here hoping to get some help since I am in the very early stages of deciding on which way to go with the bike, and I think this site just answered it! Keep in mind I'm not new at fixing bikes, but modding is very new to me.

I live at the beach and the cruiser is the best thing for me especially in the summer. I want to upgrade the rims and rebuild the wheels (never did it before) using the original "schwinn aproved/Austria" 3 speed hub (basically a sturmey archer). I don't like coaster brakes. I prefer handbrakes. I would keep the rims, but I am really limited in tire selection for S7 rims. I really like the all white tires!! I understand that I would need to lower the cantilever brakes, which I also want to swap out and use v-brakes, which means an adaptor needs to be used. The wheels are the major issue for me at the moment, because it appears that most of the work will center around this.

Also I intend on re chroming some parts and powdercoating the frame. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back