Your Favorite Current Production Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your favorite 2008-Present Production Bike? What bike would you buy if $ or anything wasn't an option? What bike looks the best to you?

Not much to me :lol: However here are my top 3 :)

Schwinn Deluxe 7 2010
schwinn.jpg

Schwinn 2008 SS
schwinn2008ss.jpg

Nirve B1 (Current target bike)
Nirveb1.jpg

Honrable Mention: Nirve Batt Kustom (Barris) I'm a Batman fan :mrgreen: (Currently at Targert.com)
batt.jpg

For me, out of every single bicycle I've ever owned or ridden, if I could only have one single bike, it would be my 2009 Rat Fink. Not because it looks cool, but the ride is so dreamy, it's like not riding a bike, at all. It just "feels" right. All my other bikes feel awkward and inefficient, now, like I'm lugging around on big chunks of hardware, and the RF just feels like an extension of me. I'm going to eventually convert it to a Nexus 7, so "it will be 4 better" :D

890132213_9a6Sb-L.jpg

this is definitely my favorite right now 2010 Townie 7d. i dont mind the derailer but if i had money to burn I suppose id prefer an 8i balloon model. im kind of partial to those boney fingers too though (since you cant get the rockabilly boogies anymore :( )

but 1 thing is certain, this thing is a bird poo magnet :x :mrgreen:

IMG_7416.jpg

Rooski said:
For me, out of every single bicycle I've ever owned or ridden, if I could only have one single bike, it would be my 2009 Rat Fink. Not because it looks cool, but the ride is so dreamy, it's like not riding a bike, at all. It just "feels" right. All my other bikes feel awkward and inefficient, now, like I'm lugging around on big chunks of hardware, and the RF just feels like an extension of me. I'm going to eventually convert it to a Nexus 7, so "it will be 4 better" :D

890132213_9a6Sb-L.jpg
You make me want to take one out for a test ride :lol:

FOUND OBJECTS said:
You make me want to take one out for a test ride :lol:

Well, I too own a Deluxe 7, which WAS getting most of my riding time, but since the RF purchase, the spiders and dust bunnies have been using it, more the me.

I recently installed a layback seatpost, and I'm now considering some kind of taller handlebars. I figure if I can "comfort" the thing up, a bit, I'll take it out more often. I would like to go slightly longer on the crank, too.

890132323_dWQfQ-L.jpg

FOUND OBJECTS said:
Yeah...I love that color combo (Black and Red)
You have a really nice collection going!

Thanks, but I was lucky enough to find them at good prices, otherwise I certainly wouldn't have these at list prices :shock: I'm still trying to find an affordable Ghostrider, and maybe a Hellbilly.

IMO, if Schwinn went back to making the Deluxe 7's in the red/black/chrome combo, with the Phantom style chainring and chainguard, as they did on the 00/01 models, I betcha they would sell more of them. The last 3 of these that sold on Ebay had closed quite high. I did recently read a rumor that Schwinn will not be making anymore Deluxe 7's in 2011, but I guess we'll see. Mine's a year 2000, BTW.

Rooski said:
FOUND OBJECTS said:
Yeah...I love that color combo (Black and Red)
You have a really nice collection going!

Thanks, but I was lucky enough to find them at good prices, otherwise I certainly wouldn't have these at list prices :shock: I'm still trying to find an affordable Ghostrider, and maybe a Hellbilly.

IMO, if Schwinn went back to making the Deluxe 7's in the red/black/chrome combo, with the Phantom style chainring and chainguard, as they did on the 00/01 models, I betcha they would sell more of them. The last 3 of these that sold on Ebay had closed quite high. I did recently read a rumor that Schwinn will not be making anymore Deluxe 7's in 2011, but I guess we'll see. Mine's a year 2000, BTW.
I like the 2008 Blue too...
Did they ever make one in that baby powder 50's blue?

CCR said:
this is definitely my favorite right now 2010 Townie 7d.

When I first saw a Townie, I thought of the old riddle that went something like this:

Q: What does a Townie and a fat chick have in common?
A: Every guy wants to ride one, but they don't want to be seen doing it.

Well, I ended up getting a matte red Townie 3i, and it's a great bike. And it turns out I'm not embarrassed to ride it, at all :D

Have to aggree with CCR. My 2010 Townie 21D is the most comfortable bike I own. I'm sorta stuck, I can't build a better bike then this.....So next year I'm going to change the "look", but keep the "ride".....As far as the derailleur, lots-o- hills around here, and this old man can climb them without huffin and puffin.
002-38.jpg

yeah firebikes is a production company(albeit very small numbers...but in my eyes if theres more than 1 of the same frame made its production :wink: )
and thanks for the video found objects
as for the basman....i saw about 10 of them all together(along with 4 or more of the same firebikes frame) on the cyclefest ride so id say thats production even though its not mass produced

Latest posts

Back