Ze Kraut says Guten Tag!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetz from germany!
I will post pics of my bikes/projects soon...recently I am building the "Krautster", a flat german-grey cruiser with gasmask-can tank.
Wait and see!

ze Kaiser

Guten Tag
Sounds uber cool. I can't wait to see it. I am putting a Red Baron tribute bike together as we speak. What part of Deutschland do you come from?

Lancer

A red Baron tribute sounds cool! What will it look like, similar to Felt´s 1st Baron?
You could mount 2 chromed 08/15 guns...and wear a spike helmet.
Well, I am from northern germany, close to the Jade bay right at the sea.

I spent two years in Garlstedt, between Bremen and Bremerhaven in the early 90's. Beautiful country, I still miss everything about it alot. The food, the beer,the wine, the air, the markets. Hoping someday to make it back for a visit. I don't have any good sketches of the Baron bike that I can post yet but I am using an early 70's Schwinn 24" Collegiate(similiar frame as the Manta Ray had) as the base for it. I got the idea from the Felt bike, but I am also thinking about the Red Baron show car that Tom Daniels built back in the early 1970's as well. My version will have alot of things taken from the Fokker Dridecker as well, like the ape-hangers will have 3 sets of grips to emulate the wings of the plane. The tank will be the fuselage, the headbage is a replica of an Austrian pilots badge. I am planning on making some machine gun barrels for the springer front struts. I will get some pics up in the build area in the next week or so.
Lancer

KC Lancer said:
My version will have alot of things taken from the Fokker Dridecker as well, like the ape-hangers will have 3 sets of grips to emulate the wings of the plane.
this sounds sooo cool!

Moin moin und willkommen

Three sets of grips is a great idea!
What about using a Blue Max somewhere on it?
Daniels Red Baron Rod is a great example, what about a chromed german WWII helmet with a spike on it as a tank?
Post pics as soon as possible!

Moin moin!

Blue Max will be under the back of the bannana seat where a reflector would go. Still looking for a nice reproduction of the medal. Most of the ones that I have found on Ebay look kinda cheesy so I haven't ordered one yet. I will try to do a decent sketch at work tonight so you can see where this is going. I have a few other ideas like a panzerbike or a kettenkrad that could be cool too. Just curious about your Krautster. If you are using fenders? If so you could build a set that look like Stalhelms. Just a thought.
Lancer

KC Lancer said:
Blue Max will be under the back of the bannana seat where a reflector would go. Still looking for a nice reproduction of the medal. Most of the ones that I have found on Ebay look kinda cheesy so I haven't ordered one yet. I will try to do a decent sketch at work tonight so you can see where this is going. I have a few other ideas like a panzerbike or a kettenkrad that could be cool too. Just curious about your Krautster. If you are using fenders? If so you could build a set that look like Stalhelms. Just a thought.
Lancer
It will kinda look like a Halftrack-bike.
I use plastic wheeldiscs that are grey, too. Black tires will match to the Kettenkrad look. Today I covered the seat and the grips with the cloth of an original Wehrmacht sack. Maybe potatomashers might look good as grips, too. The backlight is an old battery operated german army lamp, the front light should look light a panzer light, I gotta build this myself. Some killmarks will be painted to the chainguard, and maybe the number of Wittmans tank will appear on the Gasmask tank.
I am not sure about the fenders, I think I will use short ones to make the bike look more like a military thing.
More to come.

ze Kaiser

Latest posts

Back