• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Weinmann Schwinn brake adapter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F0ABF1FD-7D0D-499D-8D65-6828F0859E86.jpeg
Found one too for my latest build - Schwinn Hybrid

They are held against the frame with the two bolts, it can be adjusted up or down and they tighten like a clamp. Then the holes for the brake are lined up and a spacer may be needed to go between the plates for the brake bolt, or be bolted to just the one plate if it's thick enough.

Seems like they might slide on the frame. Very cool.

While digging for engine stuff yesterday. I spotted a Schwinn 26 with derailler boy I thought I had one- but it had a flat strap for brake attachment. Think it said Cruiser on guard. Too dark for a pic- prolly a cruiser 5 . Saw a large hub on front

Last edited:
Ah...makes sense. I was just trying to determine if they were homemade jobbers or not. Definitely not Weinmann...or at least, none of the Weinmanns I've seen.
True. I wonder the maker? One of the Weinmann ones I had, had two grooves like that, one on the top, one on the bottom. Of the 4 I had at the time, it was the only one like that. Couldn't figure it out. Possibly for different reach on the brake?

Either way, $18.99 is a steal. I paid close to double that for mine.

I'm in the market for something like this to go on a '59 Schwinn cantilever frame. I've searched and also determined that the legitimately crafty options in this thread will not be viable. If there are none to be had, I'm working on designing a solution and getting a friend with a CNC to produce some. Is there any additional interest if I go with some production?

Latest posts

Back