TIME FOR A CHANGE ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I wanted to make a post today to let everyone know that after 15 years of ownership I have decided to sell RatRodBikes.com. In some ways this was a tough choice, but at the same time it made perfect sense.

Many of you long-timers have noticed my absence from daily activity on the forum over the past 3-4 years. A combination of changing interests, a new demanding job in 2019 and heavier family commitments meant less time to devote to the site. I've felt bad about not being as involved as I once was and always knew one day I'd end up passing the reins onto someone else.

Recently an opportunity presented itself via a community building company called Group Builder that specializes in overseeing and maintaining forums like this. Ironically, the owner is an avid cyclist. The company assigns an Admin to the site that lives in the U.S. and has had lots of experience managing forums, particularly Xenforo based forums like RRB. They have a tech support team that keeps everything running smoothly and quickly deals with any issues that arise.

I want to introduce everyone to @Angie . She will be the site's new Admin and will be the person that you contact from now on if you have any forum-related questions or issues. I have had conversations with her over the phone and she's a great person who cares about nurturing and maintaining forums like this. She will be looking for new moderators soon to help out around the place...especially with the Build Off activities. She will also be managing all of the RRB related social media accounts including the FB Group as well as the RRB Store.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the years of fun and creativity that has gone into making this site an awesome place to hang out, build friendships and create cool bikes! You've made the site what it is and have made the job of caretaker an easy one for me. I know y'all will continue to enjoy the hobby and keep the RRB spirit alive! I pray the best for the site and for all of the members as you continue to roll on down the road.

Grace & Peace,
Steve

Steve,

I want to offer you heartfelt thanks for dreaming up this group and fostering it for the past 15 years. It truly has become an amazing community and family of diverse people from around with world. There is a rich history of fun, ingenuity, and camaraderie within these pages. I know you have to be proud of RRB. I know I feel grateful for my experiences here. It really is a global family as I can attest to from my vacations. RRB friendships has allowed me to ride the streets of Paris, meet up with bike friends in Manila, and all over the US.

THANK YOU STEVE!!!! Thanks also for finding the right foster parents for this mongrel hoard of creative bike artists. I wish you well and hope you don't disappear completely. Please visit with us now and then.

Your friend,
Brian

Thank you Steve. I will work to keep the forum as you have had it and improve the software and helping members as it is needed.

Angie,
Welcome to RRB. Thanks for taking the handlebars by the grips. Looking forward to the ride from here.
Cheers,
Brian

389e745267a7df44c2443df4659de268.jpg

Best of luck on your future endeavors, Steve. Super appreciative on what you built for us. Hope we see you around!

Welcome to RRB, @Angie !

@Rat Rod

True and genuine thanks for providing an outlet for all of our creative and sometimes distorted builds and shenanigans. Times change, people change, but the world keeps spinning. This tiny speck we are all floating around on known as RRB is much better thanks to all your hard work and sweat equity

@Angie Welcome to our strange little family. Let me know if you want me to drop names on the troublemakers. Although it looks like most have already shown up 🤪

I want to know if anyone can ride a unicycle? I tried when I was about 13. I did get about 6 feet out one time. I didn't have polls to help me.

And I look forward to getting to know you.
@Grant can

Hi Steve. Thanks for establishing such a great forum. I wish you all the best to your family and future endeavours. You should be so proud of your achievements here and bringing so many people from around the globe together. Stay well.

@Angie welcome to RRB and we'll make sure you enjoy the ride.

Oh dear, @RustyGold, Do I need to run the other direction while I can?
Wellllllll......

...you should be fine :nod::shake:.

But, is this the place and time to start a discussion on what will be changing from the members' point of view? Feel free to share an intro/bio...it would be nice to know a little about the new Boss!

Group Builder

Latest posts

Back