Chuck Wagon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first thing that popped into my weird mind when I saw the grill tank was adding fins and a point and painting ACME on the side. It would be even cooler if you found a stuffed coyote to mount on top.

1622220752289.png

That's what I was thinking before I lowered it 4" but it's not like he'll be riding it fast or anything and will probably just ride without the grill to store to get beer n stuff.
I assumed as much. Its just that the stability triangle something I've had drilled into my head repeatedly over the years. I have taken a course on it something like five or six times. One time, I literally fell asleep in the class, my chair tipped over backwards, and I hit my head on the wall of at the back of the room. Still aced the test. Because safety, lol

I assumed as much. Its just that the stability triangle something I've had drilled into my head repeatedly over the years. I have taken a course on it something like five or six times. One time, I literally fell asleep in the class, my chair tipped over backwards, and I hit my head on the wall of at the back of the room. Still aced the test. Because safety, lol
Stability triangle. Good stuff Matti :113:

This former auditor approves

Not A lot done this weekend but got the lid for the grill cut hinges welded on using door hinges. Then I welded a old stem and handle bar for a handle looks a little crooked might redo it.
20210529_143754.jpg
20210529_152807.jpg
20210529_161918.jpg
20210529_164516.jpg
20210529_175715.jpg
20210529_175839.jpg

Got the bed moved forward around 3" think it looks better and not so front light. Not centered over axle but still better.
20210529_194259.jpg

Made a little progress Monday and Tuesday after work started with the some frame work for the wagon part of the trike. Picked up some pieces of flexable tubing plumbers use and figured out how big of a arch I wanted cut it to length and fastened with screws. Still need to find some canvas or something to use for the cover.
20210607_184202.jpg
20210608_190511.jpg

I have been trying to use parts from the compressor I'm using for the grill and got to looking at the handle.
20210608_180751.jpg

Same size as handle bars just needed shimano for the stem and a little work with the pipe bender. Cut the center out a bent handle bar then slit it so it would slid over the curves. Worked good just need to weld it in place. So this is what I came up with
20210608_184831.jpg
20210608_185058.jpg
20210608_190511.jpg

Attachments

• 20210607_184221.jpg
    20210607_184221.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 87
Lol I missed the wagon train there for a second, thought the grill was going in the enclosure! This concept will be cool, people are going to flip over it when they see (or smell the 'que) coming!

Are you going to have the Purina red checkerboard on the cover?

I like KF's idea of the checkerboard conestoga cover! If dogs weren't chasing bicycles before, they will now!

Not much to share been raining here for about a week seems like about the time I get off work :(. But I did manage to pick up the cover for the bed it's checkerboard pattern but not really what I was looking for. Not sure if I like it or not may look for something different. I also came up with this backrest trying to keep from leanin against the covered wagon part.
20210615_175427.jpg
20210615_175641.jpg

Yeah, that material looks a little 'heavy' on there. Maybe a white, light weight cotton, with some polyester in it so it will stretch across your frame. You want it to show the ribs of the frame if possible. And I think I would just put it over the outside, paint the pvc a dark color so that when you look at it the frame / ribs of the cover show up.
covered wagon.jpg

Yeah, that material looks a little 'heavy' on there. Maybe a white, light weight cotton, with some polyester in it so it will stretch across your frame. You want it to show the ribs of the frame if possible. And I think I would just put it over the outside, paint the pvc a dark color so that when you look at it the frame / ribs of the cover show up. View attachment 161796
Oj is on to something. That tension seems essential to the covered wagon look. Maybe add a third rib too, so the effect is more prominent.
+1 on both!
A light and a little stretchy fabric and one (ore even two) more (dark brown) ribs!

Cool! Great concept and to execution outstanding! I too agree with the last two about a third rib….it wouldn’t take too much to mock one up to see how it looks! I am flipping out over those awesome handle bars! They are perfect on this ride! Sort of look like “long horn steer” 😂!

Raining right about the time I get off work has been keeping me from getting much done the only place I have to work on the trike is outside. Did get a little bit of good weather Sunday so I was able to get the wood sanded and stained. Not sure if I am going to use something over it or leave just the stain. Mainly stained it because of different colors of the wood.
20210627_131158.jpg

I also finished most of the welding on the frame before getting rained out got a couple spots I missed I will have to finish up. Almost ready for paint.

Latest posts

Back