BIKES with TRUCKS photo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike on truck...

IMG_20200927_122733772.jpg

I got it off of Amazon, as an 'open box' sale last year...I think for around $130. It wasn't actually an open box, but the box had been sliced a couple times by a box knife, I assume. I wanted to replace my yakima rack that held four bikes by the top bar as the bikes were getting beat up no matter how I tried to pad or bungy to limit movement. I was looking for a four bike rack that held by the tires and was getting frustrated as all I could find were $1500-$2500 Küat type racks, or in the sub-$300 category a bunch of racks that had poor reviews and horror stories attached (like swagman's and such). This rack is well designed, well made, and I have zero complaints about it.

Folds up, I think the non-score price was around $220...after owning it, I'd pay that if I needed another.

IMG_20200929_111839992.jpg
IMG_20200929_111942417.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, those top bar racks aren't ideal, they don't really work for a cantilever frame, or a step through. Is that Big Ripper a 29er? It fits pretty good

Aside: Trek sold every one of those Sawyers. People are fighting over them to this day. Why does no one make anything like that outside of the custom shops?

Latest posts

Back