Pedal Draggers. Like'em, Hate'em, could care less...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedal draggers??

• Love'em

• Hate'em

• Indifferent / could care less

Results are only viewable after voting.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Most of the large rides I've been on here in Vegas in the bike life community, we see all types of rides. From i custom cruisers, bombers, rat rods, show queens, muscle bikes, stretches, true low riders, choppers, BMX wheelie riders, roadies, MTBers, tall bikes, swing bikes, eBikes and pedal daggers. The list goes on and on.

I used to be in the camp of totally despising them. Asked if I had tried it,, I went to building one and trying it out, and having a blast.with it, then I saw what it is about. Even to the point of leading a 500 bike + ride with my ratty pedal dragger leading the ride.

Curious on your thoughts.

20210905_073238.jpg

Was not a fan till I tried. It's challenging in a fun unique way.

My pedal/sprocket dragger. The long wheelbase causes the sprocket to scrape over bumps as well. Used it to chase bikes on flats. Not enough torque with 140mm arms to climb hills unfortunately.
View attachment 171558
View attachment 171559
Riding through deep puddles is a drag. I'd make another dragger... I like them.

Last edited:

My pedal/sprocket dragger. The long wheelbase causes the sprocket to scrape over bumps as well. Used it to chase bikes on flats. Not enough torque with 140mm arms to climb hills unfortunately.
View attachment 171558
View attachment 171559
I do not remember that one! That's rad!

View attachment 171558
View attachment 171559
That’s way too cool!

I like the look, but there is too much sacrifice for me to enjoy it. What would I do when I ride uphill and there is a curve to be negotiated? Get off and push?
If it is crank forward won't my heels be hitting the ground even before the pedals?
I ride way too fast to risk a crash because of low pedal clearance. I got lucky once, when I flew off the 28" bike that had 26" wheels on it. I don't want to force my luck.
I know there are also those Brazil dudes that make pedal daggers out of suspension bikes by replacing the shock with a solid bar.

Love 'em! Makes for a fun, challenging ride, especially, when mated to a springer fork/seat combination.

I would have to carry it to the road and back every time I wanted to use it, and it is a long yard.

My buggy trike has about one centimeter of ground clearance... I got used to it. But it's only meant for cruisin' at low or middle speed... 😎
On my EggBeater (26' wheels on a 28 frame and 175 cranks I've got a bit more but I recently bent a pedal while riding (straight) through a park. It was a root sticking out of the ground...

Negotiating speed, terrain, and where to pedal is sort of fun. I often shake hands with danger when I ride anaywa

Negotiating speed, terrain, and where to pedal is sort of fun. I often shake hands with danger when I ride anayway.
Is that why they call you Three Finger Joe?

Latest posts

Back