*MBBO/ORBO* - So, who's in and for what category??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Admin
Pro Member
Reaction score
I am going to throw together a "muscle" build out of spares I have been amassing. Sort of speed and style based around a mid school diamond shaped BMX frame. Going for an @hamppea homage but without all the go faster parts :113:

I've got 2 of 3 covered for muscle. Not sure if I'll squeak all 3 in or not

After the complaining a few years ago about muscle bikes being built out of bikes that were never muscle I’m going with the Off Road category. Why not own multiple klunkers
Meh........let em complain

Looking forward to your klunker!

I don't know if I'll enter the MBBO this year or not. I still haven't even finished my trike from last year's MBBO, and I haven't been able to finish my latest Build Off bike due to circumstances beyond my control. I have a solid contender for the MBBO that could easily meet all 3 requirements, but I don't know if I want to put myself through all the pressure and stress of getting this bike done in four months. I tend to go into "hyper-focus" mode during these build offs, where I focus all my attention on these bikes, and not more important matters. Plus, I've already got enough projects I've started but haven't finished, and while the muscle bike I'd enter into the MBBO isn't built the way I want, it is still rideable as is. I can't say that about most of my bikes right now.

I don't know if I'll enter the MBBO this year or not. I still haven't even finished my trike from last year's MBBO, and I haven't been able to finish my latest Build Off bike due to circumstances beyond my control. I have a solid contender for the MBBO that could easily meet all 3 requirements, but I don't know if I want to put myself through all the pressure and stress of getting this bike done in four months. I tend to go into "hyper-focus" mode during these build offs, where I focus all my attention on these bikes, and not more important matters. Plus, I've already got enough projects I've started but haven't finished, and while the muscle bike I'd enter into the MBBO isn't built the way I want, it is still rideable as is. I can't say that about most of my bikes right now.
Don't let the pressure get to you. We're just adults messing with "kids" toys :21:

I'm in for a MBBO entry .

SO EXCITED !

1634224063270.png

Just picked up a real basket case...
IMG_20211014_140629745_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211014_141724889.jpg

It's also the real deal not a repro.
So I'm in the MBBO for sure.
I also have my hands full. The crank is frozen as is what's left of the seat post. I do have the springs and a chrome 12"? front rim and tire (might be a 16" I'm in the house now...)

Carl.

It's definitely worth restoring but I'm not that guy. If I can get all the old paint off I'll be happy. Cutting out the rusted crank is easy but getting the seat post nub out will take some finesse. Then to find a replacement... I'm pretty sure I have a 3 speed hub. Yeah all of a sudden I'm glad we have 4 months.

Carl.

Hey Capt. There's a bit of editing needs done on your buildoff title class 2...
On a personal note not having to do you own welding is lame. Just saying...
How soon can we start a build thread?
I know I can't build till 11/1/21 but I could talk about it...lol

GC.

Hey Capt. There's a bit of editing needs done on your buildoff title class 2...
On a personal note not having to do you own welding is lame. Just saying...

GC.
Yep, thanks. There's a few things that need cleaning up. Angie has to get most of them. But thanks for picking up on it 👍

PS...........😂

It's definitely worth restoring but I'm not that guy. If I can get all the old paint off I'll be happy. Cutting out the rusted crank is easy but getting the seat post nub out will take some finesse. Then to find a replacement... I'm pretty sure I have a 3 speed hub. Yeah all of a sudden I'm glad we have 4 months.

Carl.
I had an idea for a 'new' type of seatpost extractor, but I'm not sure how fast I can work up some diagrams. I shared the basic concept with Kingfish, but it turned out he didn't need it on HEXy. Might PM you later.

Latest posts

Back