Humuhumunukunukuapua'a

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's a switch blade, as far as I know, they were 3 piece
45819-82957d6cb4fb23e9ce868f8ae862f969.jpg
SwitchBlade2.jpg

Now I'm hunting, I like Tange and I like p2s, that is the dream right there

I know I’m not the best at updating this. Got a few irons in the fire so to speak.
I’d been going back and forth on tires for this one for a bit. And things are challenging to obtain right now. Went with what was available that I think will suit the build. Tires mounted, hoping to get some time this weekend to get wheels on and possibly wrap things up.

2E417C7F-DAE2-4901-80E9-867A6E36F0DC.jpeg

672507B3-B3A2-406B-A48C-34B625B1B70C.jpeg

Last edited:
It doesn’t. But it just doesn’t sound/feel right. Plus there’s a tiny bit of play between the sprocket and the arm I just can’t get rid of. Easily resolved if I just swap to a mid school or modern spider or sprocket. But, I wanna think on it a bit first. Wanted to do black crank/ silver sprocket, but may have to go the opposite of that.
I also wanted this bike at 61-63 gear inches. So I’ll have to play around with what I’ve got to see what can get it done.
Most of my cruisers are geared in the 58-60 gear inches area, and I want this just a tiny bit higher.
what about black cranks. silver spider& chain wring. with green and purple alloy chain wring bolts.

or black cranks purple anodized spider, green anodized same as front hubs chain wring sprocket. chrome chin wring bolts.

I dig the stickers on the LG. Great outcome on the Humu. Every time I see one, I want to ride it. Just screams "FUN!!"
Thanks man. I had the stickers made for myself and some friends I ride with weekly.

what about black cranks. silver spider& chain wring. with green and purple alloy chain wring bolts.

or black cranks purple anodized spider, green anodized same as front hubs chain wring sprocket. chrome chin wring bolts.
I considered some combos similar to those. But I’m the end, I’ve been appreciating a little more subtle lately. With the frame being as bright as it is, and the stem, I figured black and silver for the rest. The nipples where kind of an impulse buy.

I couldn’t stand those SE bars on there. Swapped to some old moto ones

3B41C2F6-3C16-491B-B625-0394F2162175.jpeg

Thanks man. I had the stickers made for myself and some friends I ride with weekly.

I considered some combos similar to those. But I’m the end, I’ve been appreciating a little more subtle lately. With the frame being as bright as it is, and the stem, I figured black and silver for the rest. The nipples where kind of an impulse buy.

I couldn’t stand those SE bars on there. Swapped to some old moto ones

View attachment 176251
How do you like those Blackjack's?

Latest posts

Back