fender braces

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone!
Looking for some cool/different/things I could actually make type ideas for some fender braces. Restoring/resto modding a 70's women's Columbia Roadster for my girlfriend. Most all of the stock parts are polishing up real nice, but the braces are that v shaped galvanized steel that just doesnt look that good. I could buy reproduction chrome wire ones, but was looking for some cooler ideas.
Thanks!

Kyle

Substitute 3/8" hard copper or brass tube for the galvanized centers? That's kinda what TRM did when he made his trim on Decoliner.

Wrenches:
IMG_3540_zpsahjy6uqd.jpg

You can use about any tubing, flatten it in a vice and drill a hole thru it. If you wanna get fancy, insert a steel plug in the flattened part.

Look at curtain rods, lamps, hanging lights, shower rods, anything that may have chrome, stainless, or other interesting tubing with a nice finish.

If you wanna bend them, be ready to experiment.

Very easy. Bead blast off all the rust then spray with clear satin. They will stay nice for many years. And don’t touch them with bare hands after blasting or you’ll get rusty finger prints.

Very easy. Bead blast off all the rust then spray with clear satin. They will stay nice for many years. And don’t touch them with bare hands after blasting or you’ll get rusty finger prints.
I don’t want to mess with painting, they have served me for two seasons and no problem. There were temporary ones, but they got accustomed))

Zoro.com sells stainless steel tubing in 6' lengths here in the states. You could flatten the area that will be under the fenders and do the same where they mount to the fork or frame. I have used their 3/8" ss tubing to make truss rods. https://www.zoro.com/

Latest posts

Back