SVG stencil files

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m certain this has been asked, and I apologize in advance. I’ve spent the last 40 minutes searching through all the posts and could not find anything. My wife has a circuit, and I’m looking for an svg file for Schwinn DX frame graphics like the ones below. I’m building one up, the paint is to far gone to save, so I’m having the frame powdered and would like recreate the graphics

Thanks in advance for any direction/ help.

Ron
3E89DD0C-815C-4DE0-A8EB-24E1D4DE1C9C.png
2C779A30-F377-4BB0-A427-FBF2E257D726.png

No expert but I believe you would need someone to draw those to scale in supported software to be saved as an SVG or you need appropriate software that has a trace function. With the trace tool you can outline any jpeg or png file and create the cut line. But you would have to then manually dimension each

@Bike from the Dead may have details as someone in the trade

Use PNG to SVG converter google you'll find it in Cricut design space select ungroup and you'll have an svg

Then make it the size you need you'll probably have to use the slice function. To separate it you need help along the way let me know
Good stuff 👍

I’m certain this has been asked, and I apologize in advance. I’ve spent the last 40 minutes searching through all the posts and could not find anything. My wife has a circuit, and I’m looking for an svg file for Schwinn DX frame graphics like the ones below. I’m building one up, the paint is to far gone to save, so I’m having the frame powdered and would like recreate the graphics

Thanks in advance for any direction/ help.

Ron View attachment 201842View attachment 201843
No expert but I believe you would need someone to draw those to scale in supported software to be saved as an SVG or you need appropriate software that has a trace function. With the trace tool you can outline any jpeg or png file and create the cut line. But you would have to then manually dimension each

@Bike from the Dead may have details as someone in the trade

I use Adobe Illustrator CS6 and a mix of the Image Trace function and the Pen Tool for any corrections. You'll want to create your document at 300 pixels per inch, as that's the standard for printers, and I assume, cutters. I haven't messed with other programs for making vector graphic image traces, but for something like those stencils, they might not be the most accurate, especially if you're working with a low-resolution image. I take it you found that 2nd image on eBay here? I don't know if buying some pre-made stencils is an option for you, but it might be better than trying to reinvent the wheel. Plus, it's a bit of a slippery slope tracing someone else's work. You could get in trouble for that.

Latest posts

Back