Cheers from MA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all- joining in on all the fun that goes on here. Picked up an old bike from craigslist about a month ago and I'm eager to get her built up how I want it. Just learned about the build contest that ends in Sept so might need to enter that!

Cheers all!

Tim

edit: added pics. Scroll down for a few more details!

Attachments

• klunk2.jpg
    klunk2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • klunk.jpg
    klunk.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
welcome to the forum.
We have a group ride in NoHo every summer if you're on that side of MA.

Hey all- joining in on all the fun that goes on here. Picked up an old bike from craigslist about a month ago and I'm eager to get her built up how I want it. Just learned about the build contest that ends in Sept so might need to enter that!

Cheers all!

Tim
Welcome. Post up the old bike from craigslist, it's like marking your height on doorway.

Welcome. Post up the old bike from craigslist, it's like marking your height on doorway.

Here it is..

Have it stripped down at the moment. Going to put my own modern flavor on it from my parts bin which will include:
- freshly laced up pair of rhyno lite wheels (hubs: rear shimano cb e110, front shimano XT)
- maxxis minions
- some old sram mtn cranks/external bb
- saddle is tbd but want to get something less bulky than the schwinn... maybe a b17 or possibly something more "classic bmx"
- keeping the handlebars (they're sick!) but removing the red leather
- I love the stem but also considering putting an old race face diablous stem I have in the bin (anyone remember those?!)

Let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

• klunk.jpg
    klunk.jpg
  • klunk2.jpg
    klunk2.jpg

Latest posts

Back