πŸπŸ—πŸ‘πŸ• π”π§πœπ₯𝐞 π’π­π«πžπ­πœπ‘ 𝐂𝐨π₯𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐗𝐋𝐖𝐁 - BO17 Build Journal - Finished in 3rd Place - 1937 Uncle Stretch Colson XLWB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See-through acrylic sheet over the tire suspended between the skirts.

So you know it's a fender, but a different kind of fender; like you know this is a drum kit, but it's, you know...

acrylic drums.jpg

See-through acrylic sheet over the tire suspended between the skirts.

So you know it's a fender, but a different kind of fender; like you know this is a drum kit, but it's, you know...

View attachment 202255

Hmmmmmm, I could put a light at the edge where it meets the kickstand area, and the way acrylic works, the whole thing would glow. :D :D

1659043577100.png

Or did you mean this kind of acrylic Fender?? :D :D

1659043803493.png

Clear plastic fenders are fine if you’re never gonna ride the bike.

It’ll be very nice to look at until after the first good ride.
Rainx actually works very good for this.spray and dirt doesn't stick quick wipe and your good. Also great way to keep your bike clean.

Cool how this Skirtin With Disaster memory from 7 years ago popped up, just as I was thinking about skirts on Uncle Stretch (wait a minute,,,,that didn't come out right).

1659140376034.png

1659140428544.png

1659140889881.png

Gre
Great record I have two copies!!! I think out of all the bikes I've seen that you built that is my favorite

Thanks man. I think VerBoten will always be one of my personal favorites as well.

Rainx actually works very good for this.spray and dirt doesn't stick quick wipe and your good. Also great way to keep your bike clean.
I’ve never tried clear plastic fenders before, but my experience with motorcycle windshields has not been positive in this respect.

If you’re riding your bike 10 miles an hour and a piece of grit flings off the tire and hits the fender it’s going to hit it about 10 miles an hour. That’s gonna leave a mark.

I’ve never tried clear plastic fenders before, but my experience with motorcycle windshields has not been positive in this respect.

If you’re riding your bike 10 miles an hour and a piece of grit flings off the tire and hits the fender it’s going to hit it about 10 miles an hour. That’s gonna leave a mark.
Look all the cooler with the light

Punched out the factory chainguard bracket rivets. Then broke out the trusty cobblers anvil to smooth things back out.

20220730_100858.jpg
20220730_101215.jpg
20220730_101237.jpg

My initial plan today was to get the chainguard mounted up with brackets. But honestly I need to lock down the drivetrain choices first.

I need to make sure what chainring but also what rear cog. I noticed some grease marks showing up on the whitewall. Apparently i am getting some chainslap going on. I've never heard it or felt it, but it isn't unusual with a chainline this long. The finkring has no offset and the rear cog has very minimal. So i have some technical work to sort out as well as design look choices before i can work on the guard.

20220730_115203.jpg
20220730_115212.jpg
20220730_115308.jpg
20220730_115300.jpg

T

What if the chain guard brackets included some kind of a plastic guide block to keep it off the white walls?

I am just starting to have this issue myself, Which is why I initially was going to stay away from white walls. But I’m not opposed to chain guides. Particularly if they are invisible.

Documenting current gear combo
Rear 18T front 44T so 2.44 gear inches

Latest posts

Back