Modern Torker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put this back together and took it out for a ride. Then I realized this one really is a rat rod... I purchased the partial frameset brand new in box 1 of 2. It was apparently leftover stock when Torker (v3) went out of business.

It was basically a 700c commuter bike with fenders and aluminum frame. Schwinn has a very similar stepthru frame (probably same manufacturer that torker used).
Anyway... it came as a frameset with seat/seattube/stem and BB. The other box must have had wheels, fenders, bars, cranks and rack.

I swapped chrome 29er forks, blackops bar, and a stem. Added some coaster brake cruiser wheels, cranks and pedals. It has no brake mounts on the rear since it was a coaster brake 3 speed. I may have to rebuild/replace the coaster hub, it was a huffy takeoff wheel with steel rim, that is not running very smooth and is grabby and unpredictable on the brake. If I can get this wheel sorted, its a very enjoyable ride.

The following pics are as it sits today, bone stock, and frame as I purchased it.

Attachments

• 20220801_124530.jpg
    20220801_124530.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
  • stock_T300.JPG
    stock_T300.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AS_Purchased.jpg
    AS_Purchased.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
I would grind off the cable mounts but the paint is so nice, I'm bound to screw it up. That would would really clean it up tho. Who knows, maybe a 3 speed will find its way back on it.

Latest posts

Back