Beach parking

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
99193375-4CDB-4D38-9309-D84D462E82CF.jpeg

Today will be the LAST time I pay to park at the beach. Put my basket on because I can’t afford to live on the beach or park there. They’re forcing me to ride but it’s the best riding bike I’ve ever owned even though it wasn’t made here in USA. All I need is a board rack.

The rack that’s on it isn’t really functional but it looks cool with reflector on it. 3.50 an hour to park in Cocoa Beach, Fl. That’s some BS.
Here in Fort Myers and surrounding beaches it is $5 per hour. Also, three of the bridges range from $2 to $6 to cross. Two of the bridges are free.

Here in Fort Myers and surrounding beaches it is $5 per hour. Also, three of the bridges range from $2 to $6 to cross. Two of the bridges are free.
Do bikes have to pay on the toll bridges, or are they even allowed on them?

I've managed some great ways to worm out of parking fees by using a bicycle, most often when going to MLB games. When I lived in Anaheim and went to over twenty Angels games a season, I'd lock up to the perimeter fence near Gate 5 after a four mile pedal on the Santa Ana River Bike Path. I'd probably be back home before most people made it out of the parking lot after the game. I've even dodged airport parking by using a bike. Sometimes it takes a minute to figure out and on rare occasions there is no bicycle solution which is most often due to roads that are closed to bicycles.

The bikes do not have to pay the toll. The $6 toll is the bridge to the causeway that goes over to Sanibel Island. It is supposed to be bike friendly. Bikes are allowed but I have never tried it.

The bikes do not have to pay the toll. The $6 toll is the bridge to the causeway that goes over to Sanibel Island. It is supposed to be bike friendly. Bikes are allowed but I have never tried it.
Roadways like that sound like something to avoid on a bike, unless it's off-season and 0400 on a Monday morning.

Latest posts

Back