Girthy Gerty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished the old girl this morning. Rode over to the park for some pictures and got stopped by a large group of people and every one of them wanted to know if I was going to restore my bike back to original condition. Naturally, they were all shocked when I told them I made it look this way on purpose😋
IMG_20220825_171950676.jpg
IMG_20220825_172114589.jpg
IMG_20220825_172318496_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220825_172519092_HDR.jpg

He's a link to the build thread
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/girthy-gerty.115688/

Last edited:
Of all your builds, I think I like this one the best.

That said, those shiny bars and white grips...
there's still time.

When I thought for sure I was done on my Beer Boy Delivery build in BO 10, I got poked, proded, and provoked into adding RaT-ina to my cranks and a couple of other shiny bits that didn't quite match up with my natural and surreal rust. So I went whole hog on it,and boy am I glad I did!

First photo before final rustification, shiny bars, cranks, rims, etc

received_598473545250345.jpg

And after the additional rustification...

received_1538691789895051.jpg

there's still time.

When I thought for sure I was done on my Beer Boy Delivery build in BO 10, I got poked, proded, and provoked into adding RaT-ina to my cranks and a couple of other shiny bits that didn't quite match up with my natural and surreal rust. So I went whole hog on it,and boy am I glad I did!

View attachment 205505

View attachment 205504
That's a good suggestion. I've been more worried about just getting the bike finished so I can work on getting my daily driver drivable again. Now that the much more pressing issue is resolved, I might go back and do a little more to the bike

Very, very nice. I was sad to see the rear tank rack (track? trank? trank???) go away. I really liked that. (RRBO18, here I come....), but, this bike rocks! Those extensions are so cool, and the fauxtina matches perfectly. They look like they have been there since day 1. Love it.

Last edited:
Very, very nice. I was sad to see the rear tank rack (track? thank? thank???) go away. I really liked that. (RRBO18, here I come....), but, this bike rocks! Those extensions are so cool, and the fauxtina matches perfectly. They look like they have been there since day 1. Love it.
Thanks for that. The rack is very much still present, I'll just toss it on when I need to go on a longer trip. I'm making leather saddle bags for it soon as well

there's still time.

View attachment 205505

View attachment 205504
Brain belt beer, was a favorite but I don’t think it’s made anymore. I haven’t seen it for years. Bo ho.

Brain belt beer, was a favorite but I don’t think it’s made anymore. I haven’t seen it for years. Bo ho.
Yep! Still made in Minnesnowta. The Schell Brewing company makes it in New Ulm, MN.

Let me know if you need any.

Latest posts

Back