Huffy Slither

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2003? Huffy Slither kids bike.

Unusual frame. Picked up for $5 at a swap meet. It was handy to get around at the meet. I'm thinking of a muscle bike build with a green snake theme. Green crinkle paint, ape hangers, banana seat. The bike is geared a bit high and the cranks are too short for me so I have another crank for it. I'll have to come up with something for attaching the seat support. The dual chain stays are quite fat and have no rack/fender holes. A couple of fake rattle snake tails sticking out those chain stays could add to the scare factor.

Huffy.Slither.BB03IA30765 (2).jpg

Huffy.Slither.BB03IA30765 (4).jpg

Huffy.Slither.BB03IA30765 (6).jpg

chainstays.jpg

Last edited:
2003? Huffy Slither kids bike.

Unusual frame. Picked up for $5 at a swap meet. It was handy to get around at the meet. I'm thinking of a muscle bike build with a snake theme. Green crinkle paint, ape hangers, banana seat. The bike is geared a bit high and the cranks are too short for me so I have another crank for it. I'll have to come up with something for attaching the seat support. The dual chain stays are quite fat and have no rack/fender holes. A couple of fake rattle snake tails sticking out those chain stays could add to the scare factor.

View attachment 208536
View attachment 208537
View attachment 208538
View attachment 208540
Winter muscle bike build off material

"Winter muscle bike build off material"

yes. But. I can't paint here in the winter. Too cold for paint to work and I don't have indoor painting facilities. Can I paint the frame before the weather turns and still be bo eligible?

"Winter muscle bike build off material"

yes. But. I can't paint here in the winter. Too cold for paint to work and I don't have indoor painting facilities. Can I paint the frame before the weather turns and still be bo eligible?
If you take Winter trips to ride in warmer climes and have friends in any of those destinations, they may allow you to get some paint work done.

If the Slither was even remotely close to fitting me as a rider, I'd have one. A rare win for later model Huffys.

This kinda reminds me of the Schwinn Z-Force bike I had years ago. I still miss that bike.
DirtDevil012.jpg
DirtDevil013.jpg

I was thinking of using mine in the MBBO if it's a thing this year. Did the paint on Maurice during the coldest week of the year outside last year. I warmed everything in the utility room, ran out & spray a coat, run back in to hang in the utility room between coats & to dry. Worked better than I expected.
IMG_20220224_154336801.jpg
IMG_20220225_170800812.jpg
IMG_20220219_134148773_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220227_155658392.jpg
IMG_20220301_152517179_HDR.jpg

Just a little extra challenge to add to the fun!:giggle::giggle:

Never seen one of those before, reminds me of the elevated stay mountain bikes. That is pretty cool
Well they don't look that great when they are stock from the factory. They we're kinda a cheap low end bike in the early 90s. I really want to find another one. Saw this one on Facebook marketplace but guy wants $150 for it and it's a 3 ½ hour drive each way. I originally got mine in the trash and I almost junked it but just out of chance I installed the lowrider fork and it changed the whole attitude of the bike. A banana seat and some apes later and I had probably my best transformation before and after ever.

Screenshot_20220907-002628.png

Thanks for posting those other Slither builds. Wow, never knew it had such potential. Huffy did manage to slip in a few cool bikes. I notice all those have 1 piece cranks. Mine has a 3 piece. I see the blue one has a banana seat with the supports on the inside of the frame. That's got to be a bugger to install/change/adjust.. I initially didn't like the color of mine and after seeing those, I really don't like the color of mine, it's got to get repainted. Based on the serial number, my guess is mine is a late 2003 model.

I got this Huffy Compressor this spring. Still wondering what to do with it. It's just odd and badly fitting for an adult.

And I've seen a Huffy Metaloid. Passed on buying a silver one 5 years ago.

set to low
Huffy.Compressor.BB03T06843 (13).JPG

set to highest. Note the seat to crank distance doesn't change as the shock/spring is extended so it's still a pain in the knees for adults to ride.
Huffy.Compressor.BB03T06843 (20).JPG

Passed on buying this one.
Huffy.Metaloid.fx.silver.jpg

A better photo from the www

huffy.metaloid.fx.jpg

I dug this Pit Bull out of the basement at the local coop just for the wheels. Lots of spokes and not radial. Bonus, aluminum hubs instead of the usual stamped sheet metal seen on countless bsos.

another Huffy that slipped by the pc inspectors. A mix of terms. There are "pit" bikes at bmx but this Pit Bull has a gyro and pegs that makes it a freestyle bmx bike, not a get around the race venue bike. Weights a ton. 3 piece crank arms are solid iron. Frame built so tough nothing will phase it. Worth 20 cents at the scrap metal recycler. 2009 model year. the box marts sell lots of these super heavy freestyle lookalikes. You can bet no X-Games pro could do those stunts on one of these tanks yet there are a million kids trying to do just that. Cheap freestyle bikes are just designed to hurt people. And not just my shins when I walk past one and slam into the pegs. At the coop, we typically remove the gyro and pegs, then you get a really solid basic bike for kids to ride.

Huffy.Pit.Bull.SNHEY09E2078 (1).JPG

Huffy.Pit.Bull.SNHEY09E2078 (3).JPG

Huffy.Pit.Bull.SNHEY09E2078 (6).JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back