The next build off? Plans for the future

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would interest you?

• Off Road

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Muscle

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Skinny

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And where can I find those at? Sorry,I'm a noob
WHEN the buildoff begins, very much like the annual buildoff that just finished, there will be rules and regulations threads posted... We've still got plenty of time, it won't start till October. (Ok November)

Carl.

Last edited:
I've got a "Special" frame ready to go.

serial 11 feb.JPG

You could build it as a Muscle Bike if you satisfy the (minimum two outta three rule). Those being (briefly) a) apehangers (or other muscle bike bars) b) big and little tire combo c) banana type seat.

You could build it as a skinny bike by satisfying the 40mm/1.5" and under tire requirement.

You could build it as an Off-Road entry...it's a reach, but strange things tend to happen in RRBBOs. :bigsmile:

Welcome to RRB!
So by big/little you mean like 26" and 24", right? And since I already have apes on it, I'm good,right? Even if I continue to chop it up and make it lower?

So by big/little you mean like 26" and 24", right? And since I already have apes on it, I'm good,right? Even if I continue to chop it up and make it lower?

For muscle it would be as follows

MBBO

The 2 out 3 rule: Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 options:

• Rear tire larger than the front (Wider or taller or both)
  • Banana or polo seat
  • Muscle bike appropriate bars (Apehangers, steering wheels, "weird" bars...)
    • You CAN have all three options!

As to previous work, you just need a clean breakpoint for the start of the build-off on that day. Any previous work can be sometimes taken as a negative it's just really up to the voters. You just don't want a bike that's done or mostly done as it's a build and not a show

Last edited:
Start gathering parts and ideas

We'll hammer out the finer details over the next couple weeks and get things ready to roll. Use the three class guidelines for now and if anything looks to be tweaked we can update everyone before the start

10398029_10205714716128255_7389273247609488795_n.jpg

O. M. G.
It’s the mystery daggerbike!

Preliminary investigations on my skinny bike build reveal that there is no way I can ride this monster, so it’s going to get class two mods if I do it.

Based on that, I shoved it in the shed to wait until the flag drops. I will not need to mess with it until then.

I think it would be cool if the Build Journals for all 3 classes were in one place. Obviously the 'Finished Bikes' need to to be broken out by class so the admins can set up the voting booths. The chaos and energy could be fun. I'm sure there are a few builders who will try to keep us guessing about what they're doing.

In the end you can only enter each bike in one category so any crossover will be just for rule bending fun 😊

I think it would be cool if the Build Journals for all 3 classes were in one place. Obviously the 'Finished Bikes' need to to be broken out by class so the admins can set up the voting booths. The chaos and energy could be fun. I'm sure there are a few builders who will try to keep us guessing about what they're doing.

Hmmm............sounds like chaos to me

I have a KHS Brentwood frameset that has all of the braze-ons for gears and may end up Klunky.

The Gold Parkpre Comp frame I have will get BMXey.

I may even finally build up the Nishiki Alien frameset I picked up a couple of years ago. All of the parts are on-hand, except for spokes.

I have a KHS Brentwood frameset that has all of the braze-ons for gears and may end up Klunky.

The Gold Parkpre Comp frame I have will get BMXey.

I may even finally build up the Nishiki Alien frameset I picked up a couple of years ago. All of the parts are on-hand, except for spokes.
I like all the words you are using 😂

Latest posts

Back