⭐ ShowBoatin' ™ ⭐ FINISHING TOUCHES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Admin
Pro Member
Reaction score
I'm in again. With another Columbia like last year

You might remember the derelict Newsboy I rescued on its way to the landfill

IMG_20200922_103653836.jpg

Plan is for a 26" bmx/klunk/strandie thing and a few shiny surprises along the way.

She won't be some super intense build with a ton of unobtanium vintage bits. Just my spin on a classic to bomb around town on and maybe hit the pub with @Dr. Tankenstein and @kingfish254 sometime

A little bit old, a little bit new, a lot of it RRB sourced, and none of it blue

Every single part is out of a parts pile or previously sourced. Local, interwebs, and parts from fellow RRB'ers

Last edited:
Can't wait to hit the streets with ya man!
Git Ta Buildin!!!!

I don't think I'm going to accomplish splatter paint for @MattiThundrrr , but hopefully I'll earn his stamp of approval with something similar

Reactions: Fv2
Ahoy, the Captain is aboard! Sounds like a solid plan!

RaT oN!

I'm digging this. Are you staying with the 12 gauge spoke steel rims? Them are tough as a $2.00 steak. Them stock newspaper delivering bars are sweet but probably not right for this build.

I'm digging this. Are you staying with the 12 gauge spoke steel rims? Them are tough as a $2.00 steak. Them stock newspaper delivering bars are sweet but probably not right for this build.
Yes sir. Those wheels are tanks. I never got the ano red alloy ones I previously wanted, so these it is

I like the metallic colors! With you as the 'Captain' you could rename it " Showboat". :wondering::rolleyes::bigsmile:

No building today. Played hooky and rode a bit. A very pleasant but windy day here in our little island community. Took the newest addition (Bucky) out for a jaunt Today was the annual group ride & festival to benefit the Boys and Girls club

Celebration-Park2.jpg

Brand new park. Good starting point

181707552_1354357181618368_6098089796916172127_n.jpg
Annotation%202019-08-29%2016220338745.png

Bucky really seems to take to the basket riding for only being 11 weeks old

IMG_20210502_082120178~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back