⭐ ShowBoatin' ™ ⭐ FINISHING TOUCHES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While digging through totes and parts caches looking for a spare Retro Ryder for @kingfish254 , I managed to find the Profile adapter I need for my stem conversion and the grips I didn't know I needed :bigsmile: Rather than my usual Vans waffle Cult grips on most of my bikes, I'll try these lock ons and see how they do

IMG_20210504_084616797~2.jpg

The adapter is more than a snug fit in the fork I got from @macncheese so I'll probably have to shave down the adapter a few thousandths

While digging through totes and parts caches looking for a spare Retro Ryder for @kingfish254 , I managed to find the Profile adapter I need for my stem conversion and the grips I didn't know I needed :bigsmile: Rather than my usual Vans waffle Cult grips on most of my bikes, I'll try these lock ons and see how they do

View attachment 156254

The adapter is more than a snug fit in the fork I got from @macncheese so I'll probably have to shave down the adapter a few thousandths

BOSS cruisers use a BMX .833 quill. I guess thats 21.1mm and the adapters are usually 22.2mm

BOSS cruisers use a BMX .833 quill. I guess thats 21.1mm and the adapters are usually 22.2mm
I had a similar experience and in my case wasn't the fork because I have two 22 mm adaptors and one of them was a perfect fit, (as well as the 22 mm quill stems I tried just to make sure), while the other needed a little convincing. Manufacturing tolerancies, I guess, so even with the right part it is not always roses when it comes to these adaptors.

I bought one of those sandblasting kits that plagues my FB feed. Arrived yesterday, pretty simple setup, the chrome wand replaces the sprayer tip and has a symphon on the end that leads to your abrasive material. Honestly, can’t believe that hasn’t happened before now. Once my weekend ‘chores’ are over I’m gonna try it out. Plan is to blast the Humpster frame and chainring. May even do a video if it actually works. I’ll be using standard play sand.
c5f310a2cd4d9f4eafc5ad7d261a803e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one of those sandblasting kits that plagues my FB feed. Arrived yesterday, pretty simple setup, the chrome wand replaces the sprayer tip and has a symphon on the end that leads to your abrasive material. Honestly, can’t believe that hasn’t happened before now. Once my weekend ‘chores’ are over I’m gonna try it out. Plan is to blast the Humpster frame and chainring. May even do a video if it actually works. I’ll be using standard play sand.

I bought a cheapo 30 buck blaster off the bay years ago. I've only used the coal slag that TSC sells, but it works pretty well. A bit of a slow process with a small tank compressor, but it still does the job.

I am interested in seeing how your setup works.

Ah ha. @macncheese is out there! Come join the fun, dude. Your OJ Award winning build from way back when is still one of my favorites of all time. Repeat performance? :nerd:

tenor (6).gif

Have you been putting any of those parts together yet?
GTB!!!

Have you been putting any of those parts together yet?
GTB!!!
I wish. Out of town for work. At least I'm still in the US this time

I do have my paint on the way though!

After all the headache the fork alone gave me in giving up it's crusty old layers of paint I was really procrastinating getting started on the frame. But tonight in between the constant rain showers we've been having for the past week I busted out the stripper. 💵💵💵

IMG_20210607_181827385~2.jpg
IMG_20210607_181814545~2.jpg

I got about half of it cleared away with two good coats and some mild scrubbing. The primer coat will be the most problematic no doubt. It's THICK!!!!!

You can't go wrong with a glitter base and those Metalcast paints. I've never played with the yellow before, but I don't think it's as primary color yellow as a Happy Meal. I think that combo is gonna look great.

Latest posts

Back