‘Humpster’

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is cooler than cool, that's ice cold!!!

Stein,,,,,,,,Tanken Stein

1629516895990.png

1629517177667.png

This bike is the poster child for multipal voting photos. There is no way that a single full picture could ever do it justice.

This might be better to discuss in a general topic thread but a full picture and two detail shots would be nice for voting. Some people will vote having never followed a build thread and will never know what they missed.

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. If anyone else agrees maybe a mod can move this comment to the discussion area. Just putting it here to make my point!
7e3c2c3b-30bf-48a3-8d91-fc5333f49d9e-jpeg.168847

@The Renaissance Man , I've been in favor of that for years! In fact, we implemented that very format in our Rat Rod Model Kit Bash challenge last Fall.
Worked perfectly. I think to make it easier, we'd have to have builders use their 3 photos, in order, at the top of their Finished Builds thread. Could be done. Will take a lot of communication, and quick!

I like the look!
You're a good man Charlie Bronzon!

1629939395141.png

In a past reply, @kingfish254 mentioned a bell (comes in handy when riding downtown).
Added this low profile unit (I’m left handed, so put it on that side)
49705396-9CB1-4FB1-A340-29F18D069F60.png
61885D82-91CC-41CE-B2F7-E61591E1E512.png

It’s not the loudest bell, but it’ll do for now
The grips look cool, don’t they?

Such a cool bike. White with Black and chrome accent bikes have that clean classy look and you have added so many cool details.

Nice add with the bell,, Those hidden bells are a great add. Around here tickets can be had for not having.one.

I don't have pinstripining skills, but they always look great on a bike. They take this one over the top in my book. 👍 👍

Getting closer to wrapping this build up.
Fabbed up some extension brackets to get the fenders closer to the tires, they’re ‘pretty close’ to where I want them. They’re actually Wald stubby fenders for balloon/middleweight frames/forks. I had to squeeze them in a bit to fit inside this ‘lightweight’ frame/fork. Doing that also ‘deepened’ them a little, which is bonus.
Also, being a bit of a ‘details dork’ I noticed how the backside of the front fender matches the frontside of the rear fender. Happy accident, if I’m being honest, but I’ll take it!
Lights arrived also.
Final headlight position is still TBD. But for now the practically ‘tin foil’ strength bracket is mounted on the stem by the tightening bolt. But I have a couple other brackets coming to try before my final decision. I do know it will be mounted high and not through the caliper brake hole on the fork.
Tried it, hated it.
The XLite100 came in too, it mounted perfectly into Brooks B72 undercarriage (was a little concerned with their unique spring setup. Man, I love those lights, they’re quickly becoming my favorite.
Oh yeah, got the headbadge installed too.
View attachment 168798View attachment 168799
View attachment 168800
View attachment 168801
View attachment 168802
Cheers all!
Man, that's a clean machine! Love it

Calling this one ‘done’. Gonna take a few more pics and move this into the Finished threads.
I want to say thanks @kingfish254, @OddJob, @Skydreamer for help, parts, advice, input along the way and everyone else on this awesome forum for your comments and encouragement.
See ya at the finish line!
5AFF22F4-A4FA-4373-B86C-479B62D1BD9C.jpeg

Cheers!

Pressed the BB cups in last night, which led to this
View attachment 168367

Then, before I knew it, this happened
View attachment 168368

Took it for a 2 mile shakedown, no issues at all.
Quiet, tight, Automatix shifts up and down smoothly. Just need to do a few final things like fenders and lighting. Then find the right backdrop and lighting for final pics.

Looks like, I’ll make the deadline!
Looks like a great ride.
On the automatix, there is one aspect that is manual. If you're in high gear and don't let off on the pedals, as you slow it won't drop into low. I used that to cruise along slowly below the shift point.

Latest posts

Back