‘Humpster’

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta stay off page 2!
So, I’m lining up a welding session with @Skydreamer for the weekend, removed as much black paint from the Brooks B72 undercarriage as I could reach and ordered a new dual/flat rail seat clamp (guts).
Slowly plodding along.
6034F367-370B-4679-88BF-3BEE73EF6E49.jpeg

Cheers!

Man, those seat rails sure are twisted up bad!!! :D
Always loved the look of those Brooks!

Not sure buddy, my fear is it would cost as much as new saddle…
I had kicked around the idea of either finding a decent Brooks B17 or the like or one of the cheap non-Brooks leather saddles, drilling out the rivets and swapping the new leather onto the old B72 undercarriage. I like the amount of suspension that type provides not too little, not too much.

@Skydreamer did his thing on the frame, way stronger than Schwinn ever did it, should have no problem supporting my chubby butt now.
Top welds
DC9A2FF6-FCC3-444C-B341-17AF710A9928.jpeg

Bottom welds
0C11316F-2411-496F-8CE8-504EFA5CCC57.jpeg

Scored some emory paper from him too, so I should be able to get the rest of the paint off this week. My plan is to give it a coat of rust reformer, then primer and color, to be revealed later.
Cheers!

Tried to fix the double posted pics, got frustrated, so here goes try #2.
So, took the rear wheel to my LBS to get it properly laced and trued, that should take about a month.
Before getting further into the paint stripping, decided to get the ‘squat’ out of the rear of the frame. Here’s a comparison of where it was and areference pic (the yellow one)
View attachment 159473View attachment 159474
built this jig to hold the rear down while I pushed on the headtube
View attachment 159476
before:
View attachment 159477
after:
View attachment 159478
much better, now the chainguard mounts line up
View attachment 159481
After the holiday, gonna make arrangements to get it welded in place. The chain(s) came in this week too. KMC RustBuster. With the humidity and salt in the air here, they have become my ‘go to’ choice.
View attachment 159485
gonna get back to stripping paint, may do the chainguard so I can mock up the paint scheme (nothing crazy, more of a subtle one this time around)
Stay tuned!
If i could give any advice about chains, try the Z1E HX EPT.
They come in wide of narrow. Wide is your regular 1/2x1/8
They are really rustproof and imo look really sturdy
9k=.jpg

Z.jpg

Humpster Dumpster crashed in a wall
Luckily Tank didn't have a great fall
All of King's fish and all of his parts
Couldn't keep Humpster from falling apart.
But @Skydreamer sure could!!!!

@Skydreamer has a dream shop and location!!!
Great guy to hang with. He's cooking up some killer work on his build too!

Filed the axle to fit and then this happened…..
40532FF0-3A11-4DAB-B45C-C2C1F4E6E332.jpeg

00C580D5-FA4F-41CF-B8E7-1936C3456EA6.jpeg

BB294844-DECA-4670-A6A2-C03008518367.jpeg

Should be able to get a good ‘tuck’ on this one! Hahahahaha! Hardly, like @kingfish254 said to me, now the ‘Hump’ will be in my back!
Just need to hone out the BB shell a little to fit the crankset cups to finish the mock-up

Latest posts

Back