‘Humpster’

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pressed the BB cups in last night, which led to this
View attachment 168367

Then, before I knew it, this happened
View attachment 168368

Took it for a 2 mile shakedown, no issues at all.
Quiet, tight, Automatix shifts up and down smoothly. Just need to do a few final things like fenders and lighting. Then find the right backdrop and lighting for final pics.

Looks like, I’ll make the deadline!
Saaweeet.

You need a white suit and hat now!!

Decided the non-drive side of the BB needed ‘something’, so I painted this dust cap to match the chainring and the dust cap on the hub.
83DD6D8C-BF8F-44C9-858E-FE6BF8EEC319.jpeg

Looks like I need to touch up the crank a little too.

This bike doesn’t have all the ‘custom’ touches that a lot of bikes have this year, so I need to focus on the details

As I’m focusing on details, I thought I’d try the Molotow Liquid Chrome paint marker that @Starnger ised on one of his builds. @kingfish254 grabbed one and here’s the results.
There was a bit of rust on the top of my stem
FB238CFB-BB40-4E91-8D8B-9A2241E30770.jpeg

After a couple of dabs of the marker
F0730164-9F9F-40BF-8D6B-0BEAD050AE54.jpeg

Pretty impressive! Went on like ‘liquid solder’
Next up, touching up the handlebars on my survivor 1968 Columbia Rambler Deluxe
A88A31C0-03C7-4354-8EBD-7D288A806EDB.jpeg

Cheers!

That stuff is amazing isn't it!!!???

As I’m focusing on details, I thought I’d try the Molotow Liquid Chrome paint marker that @Starnger ised on one of his builds. @kingfish254 grabbed one and here’s the results.
View attachment 168503

View attachment 168504

View attachment 168505

Cheers!
Amazing chrome paint, and the Rambler is pretty sweet as well.

View attachment 168503

View attachment 168504

View attachment 168505

Cheers!
Love that Rambler

Getting closer to wrapping this build up.
Fabbed up some extension brackets to get the fenders closer to the tires, they’re ‘pretty close’ to where I want them. They’re actually Wald stubby fenders for balloon/middleweight frames/forks. I had to squeeze them in a bit to fit inside this ‘lightweight’ frame/fork. Doing that also ‘deepened’ them a little, which is bonus.
Also, being a bit of a ‘details dork’ I noticed how the backside of the front fender matches the frontside of the rear fender. Happy accident, if I’m being honest, but I’ll take it!
Lights arrived also.
Final headlight position is still TBD. But for now the practically ‘tin foil’ strength bracket is mounted on the stem by the tightening bolt. But I have a couple other brackets coming to try before my final decision. I do know it will be mounted high and not through the caliper brake hole on the fork.
Tried it, hated it.
The XLite100 came in too, it mounted perfectly into Brooks B72 undercarriage (was a little concerned with their unique spring setup. Man, I love those lights, they’re quickly becoming my favorite.
Oh yeah, got the headbadge installed too.
84EEDE25-7DC7-4E5D-AF07-3E38D52F4B67.jpeg
5729AC9C-FCBA-4ACA-80CA-49A05891D400.jpeg

3423CFF6-2D2F-4660-BA4E-67861E592CA8.jpeg

DD8513C6-FDAD-43C5-9A10-6F6C2D858A50.jpeg

6F07FBEA-4CBE-4AF4-BDB7-64A4D70E9B6A.jpeg

Cheers all!

Fabbed up some extension brackets to get the fenders closer to the tires, they’re ‘pretty close’ to where I want them. They’re actually Wald stubby fenders for balloon/middleweight frames/forks. I had to squeeze them in a bit to fit inside this ‘lightweight’ frame/fork. Doing that also ‘deepened’ them a little, which is bonus.
Also, being a bit of a ‘details dork’ I noticed how the backside of the front fender matches the frontside of the rear fender. Happy accident, if I’m being honest, but I’ll take it!
Lights arrived also.
Final headlight position is still TBD. But for now the practically ‘tin foil’ strength bracket is mounted on the stem by the tightening bolt. But I have a couple other brackets coming to try before my final decision. I do know it will be mounted high and not through the caliper brake hole on the fork.
Tried it, hated it.
The XLite100 came in too, it mounted perfectly into Brooks B72 undercarriage (was a little concerned with their unique spring setup. Man, I love those lights, they’re quickly becoming my favorite.
View attachment 168798View attachment 168799
View attachment 168800
View attachment 168801
View attachment 168802
Cheers all!
Looks beautiful!!! Love the white and chrome !

Looks great. Those tailights you use are super cool.
Great to see more sneak peeks of the gloss over flat hidden details too.

WhiTe oN~! :grin:

Really dig the white and chrome, and you can never lose with a Brooks saddle! Speaking of 'sneak peeks of gloss and flat hidden details', how bouts a close up of that seat tube? :nod::nerd:

84EEDE25-7DC7-4E5D-AF07-3E38D52F4B67~2.jpeg

Zoomed in on the Doc's picture to see that post.

*Feel obliged to mention how nice that frame section is, the seatpost/stay/topbar union is lovely. Early triple triangle?

View attachment 168824
Zoomed in on the Doc's picture to see that post.

*Feel obliged to mention how nice that frame section is, the seatpost/stay/topbar union is lovely. Early triple triangle?
I was thinking more 'full on frontal'. *can I say that here?

Lights arrived also.
Tried it, hated it.
View attachment 168798View attachment 168799
View attachment 168800
View attachment 168801
View attachment 168802
Cheers all!
Very nice!!! When r we going ride??

Latest posts

Back