“Smoke show” 24” muscle bike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well…. I decided it’s time to build something new. I have not entered a build off since one of the muscle bike build offs where I entered the “Dax star”

I’m gonna use influences from muscle bikes, mountain bikes, old school bmx bikes, road bikes, and cruiser bikes to toss down my version of a 24” muscle bike I call the “smoke show”.

I’m starting with a 24” mountain bike frame and keeping almost none of it haha ( keeping the headtube, bottom bracket, seat tube and lower chainstay) I’ll keep everyone posted up to a point! Then it’s no spoilers until submission!!!
17131D71-4B54-4398-8D2A-404EF52D20A2.jpeg
97A59085-76F8-442F-9486-49EEE52BA0C7.jpeg

Last edited:
This is very interesting. Not just because of the lightning bolt.

I am building a blue bike (the Sting-Gray) made on the very same (but 26”) frame right now, but it was marketed as a Schwinn mountain bike.
320DBEC8-0D11-4E22-AA0E-ED21F1FA56BA.jpeg

This is a jig I am building from old office furniture.

I was only there for about an hour or so. I had a bunch of stuff going on that Saturday unfortunately!! Hope to see you at the next one!

Pretty neat so far.

BTW Nice bug. My first professional job after being a paperboy was building Volkswagen engines in Layton Utah. I still have a 1600 dual port in a fake jaguar kit car.

But way back then there were no dual port engines. I was building 1300s up with bigger pistons. I didn’t build my first dual port engine until about 1982.

Latest posts

Back