█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Finished in a Tie for 7th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Savannah's tourist people should be calling soon to award you 'proudest resident and best internet drawcard award'.
As always a bike that reflects your willingness to feel the change from original idea and run with the flow.

Always entertaining to see the various options offered and see the many descions that make up a final build.

awesome build Brian !!!

Kingfish!! :praise: I loved watching this build and the bike turned out perfect. I'm glad you added tons of photos too, I just can't get enough of this bike. Congrats!!

Thanks Bum, it was fun to figure this one out. I always post tons of photos. It's fun riding around finding places and it's easier to post them than not.

I could look at this bike all day. I would love to ride this one too. Just looking at all the cool little extras is what makes it special! Every time a click on your thread I find something new on it that I didn't notice the previous time I looked. Super cool! Well done buddy!

The devil is in the details with me. Glad that you get as much of a kick out of starsNbars as I do. She's a beaut to ride too. I definitely put more rides on this build during the build off than any other build of mine. Thanks for the props!

Only just caught up on the new pics and the videos, somehow missed them before, great timing on the train video, very cool!

Luke.

It took me a while to go through all of the photos last night. You never know what you are going to run across in Savannah and while I was over near the Roundhouse, the train was making a run, so I quickly switched to video mode and continued on with a walkaround of the bike.

Savannah's tourist people should be calling soon to award you 'proudest resident and best internet drawcard award'.
As always a bike that reflects your willingness to feel the change from original idea and run with the flow.

Always entertaining to see the various options offered and see the many descions that make up a final build.

It's no secret that I love my town and I love big vacations. Well, in Savannah, it's always like a vacation. There is a reason we had 13 million tourists last year (our pop. is less than 300K).
You are right that I had to adjust my thinking on this one early on. I tried many ways to make the girder fork or superstrut fork work, but it was fighting me and not feeling right. In the end I can't imagine coming up with a cooler fork than the JC Girvins Beehive.
I always try to keep it fun because in the end we are just a bunch of grown men (and women) playing with kids bikes.

Great build and awesome photography

Thanks man! I have one of those 40 megapixel Nokia camera phones and I have been very please with how it works.

It such a relief to be finished with the build. Thanks to all of the builders that continue to make this such a fun event to participate in!!!! All of the pressure is off now, but the voting is shaping up to be a nailbiter in a few groupings so far. No real surprises for the top vote getters this year. We had a super strong field of bikes this year! It's gonna be a long fun week seeing where the votes fall after the dust settles. CONGRATS AND THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!! I am PROUD to be an RRBer with you all.

As I said before,sweet build and that Mad Max fork:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and the striping,you got a vote from me!!,now lets talk about that seat:grin:!!Well deserved KingFish!!

Ive seen better bikes...no where! That bike is SHA-WEET! :praise: I like the way you "rustified" the shifter housing! :113:

Thank you very much my trading friend!!! I can't remember if I bought that shifter from you or it was one of our many trades, but I am sure glad I got it from you. I love the way it looks on the seat tube and it shifts the Nexus 3 perfectly. My past couple of builds have been mostly sourced from RRB members and it a blast to take a wide variety of parts from other chefs and mix up some Kingfish RRB Stew with them!!

As I said before,sweet build and that Mad Max fork:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and the striping,you got a vote from me!!,now lets talk about that seat:grin:!!Well deserved KingFish!!

I'm honored to have garnered your vote BTP!!!! I have to say that I am pretty proud of my JC Girvins Beehive Springer. I don't know if I would ever sell this seat. I can picture me passing away in a nursing home with my starsNbars and Flexy seat pans hanging on the wall next to my bedpan :21:

Here are a few more pics from my first ride after finishing starsNbars
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

That reflection pic is Queenfish's fave as well. It was fun to take my bike outside of downtown for a change. I really enjoyed going to Fort Pulaski too. It's on the way out to Tybee Island and I hadn't been there in forever. Glad you liked the photos.

I went for another ride yesterday and snapped up these shots.
Pulaski Monument on Monterey Square
WP_20140809_13_47_59_Pro_zps026a5e56.jpg

Wright Square (named after my ancestor and last Colonial Governor of Georgia)
WP_20140809_14_26_24_Pro_zps2f4f5d8f.jpg

Button Gwinnett's grave in the Colonial Cemetary (Declaration of Independence signor who died early so his signature is one of the most valuable in the world)
WP_20140809_14_36_42_Pro_zps3d1754c0.jpg

Fordsnake (Carlton) and I hit it off back when he jumped on the RRB scene in BO7. Tonight I finally got to meet the man behind the builds. I am out in Cali on business and he drove down to meet up and talk bikes and life. We had a great time discussing our mutual experiences on RRB and talked about not only our own builds but also about the build offs and other builds. Just as I expected Carlton is one cool dude! It's always cool to meet up with RRBers! So far I have had 5 RRbers travel to Savannah and see me and I have travelled to Philly, San Francisco, Jacksonville FL, Woodbine GA, and Kiev Ukraine to meet up with 6 other RRbers! I'll be in Philly next week to catch up with my old friend Jake next week. What an awesome topper to a great build off!!!!

WP_20140812_20_18_28_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back