★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a couple of stems.

10qxsid.jpg

The one on the right looks like what we would need should you feel like donating it.... :wink:

garagegoon said:
The one on the right looks like what we would need should you feel like donating it.... :wink:

If not I have a couple of them like that and also have a single bolt one that I would donate and I'm glad that kickback hub is going to be put to use
2011-04-29193053.jpg

450redrider said:
garagegoon said:

If not I have a couple of them like that and also have a single bolt one that I would donate and I'm glad that kickback hub is going to be put to use
2011-04-29193053.jpg

You have one in shiney chrome? How much for the single bolt.. I have a use for that if ya want to sell it...

I'm not sure how good the chrome is on that stem. You still want it? I'll ship it out if you do.

garagegoon said:
450redrider said:
garagegoon said:

2011-04-29193053.jpg

You have one in shiney chrome? How much for the single bolt.. I have a use for that if ya want to sell it...

I believe so I'll look at it tomorrow I don't think it has the wedge and bolt though, The single bolt I'll give you cause you've done so much for me

This is all gonna work out just grand.... I cannot wait to get out in the shop to wrench on this thing... I have been tied up with work this week and it is just killing me... 8)

GUYS!
This is awesome... 14 pages I missed because of lack of time visiting RRB. Got a PM from Garagegoon wondering where I've been. It was just an hour before I left for London for a few days. What a cool city London is. The only thing is... I've spotted just ONE cruiser-type bike. Let me tell you, it isn't easy to ride a cruiserbike in a city like London because of traffic and hills and such, but it shouldn't be easy to ride fixies and singlespeeds either, yet 1 ou tof 4 bikes seem to be the latter... Not kidding. The fixie look is very hot in Londen.

Back to the real cool bikes ;-)
You all have a good thing going on here. Just browesed quickly through the post, but must admit I don't have the time to read it all. Didn't think the current shirt-design was 'good enough' for this project as being a bit boring. As in 'nothing special'... But maybe I'm wrong. I like the idea of The Clean Bike, but remember it kinda has to stand out from the crowd! Maybe numberplate(s) in the side. Big or maybe little. Or Numbers/lettering on thechainguard. Classic bicycle pinstriping. Not the fancy hotrod VonDutchstyle. Or maybe so. Has somebody come up with a name yet?? Hope I can contribute something for the build.

Just thinking along, and bumping this tread.
Have a good on fellas, Cheers!

450redrider said:
I guess the one I have is a different style
2011-09-01185317.jpg

That one will work... Would rather not have to paint everything white like the picture... Prolly stick with chrome... So that neck is fine.... 8)

udallcustombikes said:
I an getting the kickback from Tim tomorrow. I'll dive into it and should have it done by the end of the weekend. You want the stripes back to the original red our a color more complimentary to the bike?

i will leave that up to you... Make it whatever you like... bike is going to be black and chrome... so any color will match... heck... make it pink... :wink:

Thanks guys!!!

garagegoon said:
i will leave that up to you... Make it whatever you like... bike is going to be black and chrome... so any color will match... heck... make it pink... :wink:

I don't think I will be using pink. I was leaning towards gloss black to match the bike.

udallcustombikes said:
garagegoon said:

I don't think I will be using pink. I was leaning towards gloss black to match the bike.

That will do just fine... I knew you would chose wisely... great job on the donation bike by the way... hope I win it...!!!

udallcustombikes said:
I picked up the stem and hub from 65rat this afternoon. Unless I encounter a problem, it should be ready by the end of the weekend. I'll see what I have for a stem bolt and wedge as well.

Thank you sir!!!

The kickback has been torn down and all the pieces look to be in good shape on the initial inspection. The parts are currently soaking to degrease in my solar heated vibratory parts cleaner. The hub shell has a few spots where the chrome has flaked off and some surface rust has formed. I will hit it with my fine brass rotary brush and see what it looks like after that.

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

Done with my hub scrub. Only a few problems :(

I got everything cleaned up out in the yard by the hose. I spread a shop towel to work on so I wouldn't lose anything. After each part was cleaned I placed in a cardboard box. Every single piece made it into the box and I proceeded to carry the box o' parts into the garage. Once in the garage the loose bearings decided to locate a small hole in the box and five of them hit the floor and vanished. Luckily I had a stash of bearings and found replacements.

The next problem came in the form of a worn indexing spring. It may still work but I would like to find a replacement if one could be found quickly. If not I may be able to make this one work. Part number 18 in the drawing and I believe they are the same part between red, yellow, and blue band hubs.

bendix%20kickback.jpg

You can see where the tabs are worn in the pics. If I remember correctly they should be square on the end.
IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Lastly, the chrome on the hub in worse shape than I thought. I got a plan for that!

Latest posts

Back