★★★ Go Away ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★★ SNAFU ★★★ (Updated 05-03-11 ★ 01:16pm)

65rat said:
garagegoon said:
Fenders are going in the scrap pile unless someone has any trades..... Like trades better than money.... 8)
Are they straight and what are you lookin for :?:

Billy Powell claimed em... Gonna use em in one of his sculptures... sad... :(

garagegoon said:
65rat said:
garagegoon said:
Fenders are going in the scrap pile unless someone has any trades..... Like trades better than money.... 8)
Are they straight and what are you lookin for :?:

Billy Powell claimed em... Gonna use em in one of his sculptures... sad... :(
Doh :(

Nothin screams Kustom more than a lil spider web action and havin somthin chopped.... 8)

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

Re: ★★★ SNAFU ★★★ (Updated 05-04-11 ★ 10:54 am)

Second seat tube I've seen cut short in this build-off, so how are you guy's clamping/securing your post once this is done?

I have one 0 them fancy seat tubes that secures like a handlebar stem.... 8)

garagegoon said:
I have one 0 them fancy seat tubes that secures like a handlebar stem.... 8)

AKA: a stem? haha

the ones i have done if i cant find one of them cool seat posts is just stick the post in where you want it (that sounds so wrong) and weld it. or do like i did on the hooligan and just weld the seat right to the frame :shock:

karfer67 said:
the ones i have done if i cant find one of them cool seat posts is just stick the post in where you want it (that sounds so wrong) and weld it. or do like i did on the hooligan and just weld the seat right to the frame :shock:

Thats what I did with Black & Wild... Weld seat pan right to frame... When Office goon purchased bike to put in his uncool office he asked if seat could be raised or lowered... Yup... Just pick bike up or set it down... :lol: ... Don't think he got that... :|

Before I take a little break and jump back on my honey do list.... I wanted to give everybody a loose representation of the direction things are going.... This years build off is a stiff competition... there are alot of good builds.... I am looking forward to picking up as soon as I can and getting back on the build...

002-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

Re: ★★★ SNAFU ★★★ (Updated 05-05-11 ★ 11:52 am)

I like it!....a LOT!

Question, what brand seat is that? I'm in the process of restoring a set of old springs and need to locate the 'seat' part. That one looks perfect!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Re: ★★★ SNAFU ★★★ (Updated 05-05-11 ★ 11:52 am)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I like it!....a LOT!

Question, what brand seat is that? I'm in the process of restoring a set of old springs and need to locate the 'seat' part. That one looks perfect!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Looks to be Troxel... Can just barely make the stamp out....

Re: ★★★ Lucky Strike ★★★ (Updated 05-05-11 ★ 11:52 am)

Had to do a name change.... Had this idea while diggn through a box of antiques I picked up today..... :idea: :idea: :idea:

If I can make it work it will make sense... Cool name though.... First smoke I stole was from my great grandfather... Lucky Strike... Decided right then and there that smoking was bad... :D

i like the direction this ones going already! 8) cant wait to see the fork!

Little bit of color on the tank....
002-4.jpg

Gettn frame all primed up.... First of 4 coats to build up... makes it simple when I distress the finnish....
003-2.jpg

Build tag bracket..... Show me some sugar... 8)
007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Back