★★★ Go Away ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★★ Go Away ★★★ (Updated 05-12-11 ★ 12:25 am)

I'm loving the license plate bracket! Too bad I can't think out of the box like you to have though of that. Very Kool indeed! But, I think you need to sell me that black headlight you have sitting there in the first batch of photos. I have a home for it already over here! :D

slick said:
I'm loving the license plate bracket! Too bad I can't think out of the box like you to have though of that. Very Kool indeed! But, I think you need to sell me that black headlight you have sitting there in the first batch of photos. I have a home for it already over here! :D

If i decide to part with it you will be the first one I contact... Cool?... 8)

Sounds good. Just don't forget! :D

slick said:
Sounds good. Just don't forget! :D

Hard to forget now... Its noted on the internet... Best post it in the world... cant lose it... "Slick wants my vintage shop light" :idea:

Re: ★★★ Go Away ★★★ (Updated 05-17-11 ★ 12:29 pm)

Just giving myself a bump... No new news thus far... Been working on the 240Z and other small projects.... Have gotten little bits done... Bearings cleaned up and re packed... other little parts cleaned ... but no major steps....

001-7.jpg

your work area is way way too clean

karfer67 said:
your work area is way way too clean

Gotta keep it clean... One car garage with this much stuff gets crowded real fast with things outa place... gonna take this build down to shop to finnish i think... time to blow top end apart on motor... things are gonna get messy fast.... 8)

I'm digging that truss frame bike! :D Didn't you have that for sale here awhile back or did you buy it? I remember the build thread for it. Very kool.

slick said:
I'm digging that truss frame bike! :D Didn't you have that for sale here awhile back or did you buy it? I remember the build thread for it. Very kool.

I purchased it from Udallcustombikes.... Added my own twist of things to it.... really enjoy riding it... gets lots of looks.... :D

garagegoon said:
slick said:

I purchased it from Udallcustombikes.... Added my own twist of things to it.... really enjoy riding it... gets lots of looks.... :D

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Re: ★★★ SNAFU ★★★

It's taking me a while to digest all the RRB#6 Postings....

I am not sure.... lower left drop... ser# is H009661... and there is AMF logos all over it... but had a nice Roadmaster tank that got robbed off by friend.... :cry: ... there were no initial plans for this bike but have grown fond of CWC stuff... This one fits the bill for this build...

AMF moved the serial number stamping from the bottom bracket to the rear dropout beginning in 1958. The "H" is a year code and the numbers following the letter are the serial number. By my reckoning the "H" means this frame was produced in 1958.

herr_rudolf said:
Wow!
Much respect for VanChase. Very cool lettering. Does he post on the HAMB on friday's artshow? He should...

I will have to ask him... There are many of us HAMB members here in Wichita... I am sure being that he is in our circle of friends he would be also... 8)

Re: ★★★ SNAFU ★★★

rms37 said:
It's taking me a while to digest all the RRB#6 Postings....

I am not sure.... lower left drop... ser# is H009661... and there is AMF logos all over it... but had a nice Roadmaster tank that got robbed off by friend.... :cry: ... there were no initial plans for this bike but have grown fond of CWC stuff... This one fits the bill for this build...

AMF moved the serial number stamping from the bottom bracket to the rear dropout beginning in 1958. The "H" is a year code and the numbers following the letter are the serial number. By my reckoning the "H" means this frame was produced in 1958.

Thank you for the helpful information.... !!! So much to learn on these old bikes... 8)

Latest posts

Back