★★★ Go Away ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★★ Lucky Strike ★★★ (Updated 05-08-11 ★ 01:28 am)

Critter1 said:
The sugar can is genious!!
I agree, this is the kind of brilliant thinking that start a trend. I'll be getting out my snips this summer for sure.

I think next time I will use a heavier guage can... but for now this will work... Was wandering through a garage sale thinking about what I could do for a tag bracket... The sugar can for free just seemed to fit the bill at the time... :D

garagegoon said:
I think next time I will use a heavier guage can... but for now this will work... Was wandering through a garage sale thinking about what I could do for a tag bracket... The sugar can for free just seemed to fit the bill at the time... :D

The older coffee cans are heavier gauge.

Oh... I know this... but... I was striking while the idea was hot... Thats whats nice about this stuff... It can always be redone and improved... 8)

You have my attention, I like what you´ve done so far.

Wow, That thing is cool!
I went crazy after your black bike in front of the PU. I had one of those pickups and would loved to have that bike.
I Big and Little's are tough.

herr_rudolf said:
That looks dangerous...
I like it!
8)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I like it!....a LOT!

Question, what brand seat is that? I'm in the process of restoring a set of old springs and need to locate the 'seat' part. That one looks perfect!

Cheers,
Dr. T

texasbigjon said:
i like the direction this ones going already! 8) cant wait to see the fork!

aka_locojoe said:
Critter1 said:
The sugar can is genious!!
Agree. Great build so far.

Gdcast said:
You have my attention, I like what you´ve done so far.

MplsCoaster said:
Wow, That thing is cool!
I went crazy after your black bike in front of the PU. I had one of those pickups and would loved to have that bike.
I Big and Little's are tough.

I would like to take this moment and thank everyone for the support and positive comments... I can't wait to get this thing done and on the road... This is turning out to be a great build... for myself and to watch others and how far they have come talent wise. I learn alot through all of this.... I want to wish everyone best of luck... You are all doing a great job... And for those of you not building this year... WHY NOT? Ha ha.. :lol: ... anyways... keep checkin in as the fun has only just begun....

Looks GREAT :mrgreen:

Re: ★★★ Lucky Strike ★★★ (Updated 05-10-11 ★ 11:20 am)

Added a crash rail from Sears Spaceliner to long spring Troxel seat....

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Wheels and tires complete... Rear: Schwinn Approved Japan laced into junk China rim with 24x3 Fatti O tire
Front: Schwinn Approved Germany laced into 24" Western Flyer rim...

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

002-4.jpg

Color on frame...

001-4.jpg

Re: ★★★ Lucky Strike ★★★ (Updated 05-11-11 ★ 11:55 am)

Found a good headbadge to put on this bad boy...

001-5.jpg

Had to make a run to sporting goods store... And as I was checking out found these cool keychain fobs with lights on them... Wack of the retainer spring and they bolt roght up to the tag bracket.... sweet!!! Let there be light.... :idea:

002-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

Re: ★★★ Lucky Strike ★★★ (Updated 05-10-11 ★ 11:20 am)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Loving that color! Is that Krylon's 'Hosta' green?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Krylon.. Italian Olive...

Not wild about the color at the moment... Does not scream Kool Hotrod to me... I will let it set for a bit and see if it grows on me... 8)

Re: ★★★ Go Away ★★★ (Updated 05-11-11 ★ 11:55 am)

Thank god we can change names more than once... I hope... Decided to paint Go Away on the side of the tank... Little bit of rolling advertisement for the upcomming art show at the Go Away Garage.... Art of the Bicycle....

Check out the local Coasters site for more info...And if you live close... Join in the fun!!!!

http://locojoe.com/coasters/pages/aotb.html

Re: ★★★ Go Away ★★★ (Updated 05-11-11 ★ 11:55 am)

Those little lights are cool. They could be bolted anywhere. Gonna have to look for those.

Re: ★★★ Go Away ★★★ (Updated 05-12-11 ★ 12:25 am)

Well... Other than putting another coat of green on today, nothing has moved any further along... Did break out the one shot and some brushes to warm up before the big game...

003-4.jpg

And since there is a ride this evening I decided to work on the other bikes and get em aired up and ready for the road.... Hey Udall... Got the bike done... gonna put some more miles on it now... upgrades complete....

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

Re: ★★★ Go Away ★★★ (Updated 05-12-11 ★ 12:25 am)

udallcustombikes said:
Looks good. I'm glad it ended up in your stable. Hope you enjoy it.

Oh ya... Rode it to the coffee shop this morning.... That thing gets looks and more questions than a person likes to answer when trying to wake up in the morning. I must say... You did a fantastic job.. Has em all fooled fer sure....

Latest posts

Back