★★★ THE BATTLECRUISER ★★★ (07-03)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Starting with my old Schwinn all broken down and ready for paint. :mrgreen:

DSC_0014.jpg

Re: ★★★ THE BATTLECRUISER ★★★

Some body's gotta tell ya!.........The seat post SHOULD have been parallel with the truss rods, it's not. throws the whole pic off balance!..........How could you not notice that? :roll: ...........Good luck Steve!

Some body's gotta tell ya!.........The seat post SHOULD have been parallel with the truss rods, it's not. throws the whole pic off balance!..........How could you not notice that?
Yeah, the feng shui's all wrong.... :mrgreen: ~Adam

Much better. Crooked seat post are kinda like crooked valvestems. :mrgreen:

Got tired of staring at the frame hanging in my garage and decided it was time to get started.

Made a run to the store yesterday for the paint supplies and ended up coming home with these.

paint.jpg

Gave the frame and fork a quick once over with some sandpaper and it was ready for paint.

frame1.jpg

The ever so exciting primer shots...take note of the Uncle Stretch frame holder. :lol:

frame2.jpg

fork1.jpg

Laying down the Khaki color on the front half of the frame...

frame3.jpg

And then the Olive color on the forks...

fork2.jpg

That's all for now... :wink:

That paint is nice to use. It goes on easy and even.

Looking good boy. It wont be anytime till your done. I know that you facination for perfection is why you have problems not liking to paint. They never turn out perfect...why do you think they invented pin stripping. it was to cover the edge of paint because there is no way to spray a coat on top of another coat without that ridge. :roll: :roll: :roll: When is this over aug 2nd? heck I may start building one about july 30th :wink:

I received my stencils in the mail from the guy who sells them on Ebay.

Found a bit of time this afternoon to apply the stencils and shoot the rest of the olive paint.

Only goofed on one spot where the stencil must have lifted a bit when I was shooting the paint.

I should be able to go back and do touch up after this dries out. So far I'm pleased with the results.

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

Re: ★★★ THE BATTLECRUISER ★★★ (06-14)

Great Color Combo!!

Latest posts

Back