★★★ THE BATTLECRUISER ★★★ (07-03)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★★ THE BATTLECRUISER ★★★ (06-14)

oh ya, that is great.

Paint looks GREAT!.................I'm going to try "flat" clear (krylon), never used it before.

Rat Rod said:
I kinda goofed on the forks.

I painted them all olive green forgetting that there are the three lines that need to be done.

Looks like I'll have to spray them khaki and then apply the stencils and then spray it with olive again.

the 3 lines on the originals look like quickly done freehand, i'll bet the hobby store has a good color match in a tiny bottle. i've decided i like these camo colors waaay more on a schwinn than on a rusted out bronco II :D

Threw the parts together for a quick mock up. I'm thinking brown grips and tires to match the seat.

Scored this minty set of ARAYA 7X caoster brake wheels off of an early 80s Diamondback Beach Cruiser.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

man, i dig 7x's! i think i remember when you posted that db- sometimes the whole is LESS than the sum of it's parts :D

The 80s Shimano coaster hub probably isn't the greatest, but at least I don't have to run hand brakes.

I may have to go ahead and clear coat the F/F too. The paint seems to scratch pretty easily.

They make some brown AME grips that would match the Felt brown Quick Bricks...thinking that would match the seat better.

what paint was it again? i find with flat paint that once it dries really good (say a month) it is much more scratch resistant. and those rims are bling

My experience has been that the plain straight cylindrical Shimanos are OK for non-technical (street/easy trail) use. Strangely, it's the fancy looking knurled center barrel shaped version that's wimpy junk. :?

Steve, Looks great. I really like the use of some different colors with the old masking.

Stencils are from Ebay...just search for Schwinn stencils.

My bike is finished....just need to shoot some pics.

I think my bike might be more in line for a Klunker Build Off.

Oh well, will keep it in the mix just to have it finished.

Latest posts

Back