★★★ THE BATTLECRUISER ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
bc1.jpg

bc2.jpg

bc5.jpg

bc3.jpg

bc4.jpg

bc6.jpg

This bike started life as a 1952 Schwinn Spitfire and was later recruited to serve in the Rat Rod Army as "The Battlecruiser."

Brooks Saddle - ARAYA 7X Wheels - SR Stem & Seat Clamp - Sugino Mighty Cranks - Suntour Bear Trap Pedals

I know, not really a Rat Rod....more of a Klunker, but at least it's finished. :mrgreen:

See original build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15872

looks good! your pain jobs rule, man!
i like the old platforms/running boards on the rear wheel 8) are those for riding shotgun? 8)

herr_rudolf said:
What makes this one more of a klunker and less of a ratrod?

A Rat Rod should really have more of a traditional 50s hot rod flare to it.

This bike resembles the early mountain bikes (Klunkerz) from the 70s.

It's still a cruiser frame and fork so I figured I'd just follow through with the build for posterity.

It turned out nice. Hopefully it rides as well as it looks.

I'm assuming those things on the back at "wheelie pullers". Step back on them and pull the front end up - hopefully not too far, though.

If you pull it too far you end up with a Funniest Home Video - as you land butt first on the pavement!!

Ha Ha....yeah....no wheelie pulling for me.

They are early 80s freestyle standers that I had laying around and thought I'd throw them on for grins.

This bike does ride really well....the gear ratio makes it easy to cruise around on...a real smooth rider.

looks good steve the colors are great and who cares about what it resembles. after all we have been through the "what is a rat rod" thing before and i still dont think we have figured it out. we all have our personal idea of what it is and thats what makes the site cool. well done

Wow that is nice! I smacked my knee real good on a set of flipped bars years ago so I don't really care for them. That makes me like this one even more. Looks very rideable and I love the passenger 'boards'. Great job.

Very tasteful...Klunkers are starting to be my favorite look in a cruiser. :!: :!: :!:

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

mastronaut said:
What kind of camera are you using? Excellent photographs of a truly nice bike, Cheers!

I'm using a stock Nikon D40 and the factory lens that came with it....great camera for the money.

Latest posts

Back