☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. JACKSHAFT BUILT + INSTALLED!

Luke!!!!!! that is just WOW . elegant! buff!! ETC.!!!!!

Troy

That look interesting , could we see it from other angles plz :D

Thanks for the comments everyone! :D Really does encourage me to get out there and do something when others are showing such an interest!

Got a photo from the other side this morning for 1HP:

9299363880_6766ee2569.jpg

Figured out today was more than likely my last day to work on the bike before we move on from Darwin and start the long trip home, so drew up a list last night of every part, bolt, nut, cable and clip that was needed to finish the bike as we wont be going through another big city until after the build off is done, managed to find it all and get it very easily, so was able to put some of the parts on the bike, and do some more cutting and welding and the end result was that I was able to take it for a ride this afternoon! :shock: :mrgreen:

The combination of 36 tooth front sprocket and 14 to 28 tooth rear cluster has worked out well, nice low gearing for starting off but still plenty high enough for top speed, did find I will have to "unlayback" my seatpost as I will need it higher and forward just slightly to be comfortable... Have run the gripshift on the handlebars for the moment, just for testing purposes...

9299364082_7d92671a3f.jpg

9299364006_27be518d28.jpg

9299363950_c8efcecb63.jpg

Sorry, no riding pics as I was the only one around at the time, and I know "Pics or it didn't happen" so I will rectify that as soon as I can... :wink:

Luke.

Now that's a money shot - jackshaft with rear cog, brake disk then chainring to the back.

How to - all in one picture.

Good to hear you are collecting all those essentials before heading back the long way.

That extreme seat might just need to move to finish this in time to make it a rider for RRBO#8, however I can see you continuing to work on this beast for a few generations once back home.

Have a save long journey home my friend !

:mrgreen:

Wow. I love the engineering on this bike. Seriously, I'm blown away. Step 1: "What would happen if I used racecar tires on a bicycle?" Step 287: This bike.

If I send you an envelope, can you ship it to me? :)

All this engineering is so much win Luke! , its so mechanicaly awesome , that even if you don't have time to paint it ,i will still be awesome as it is
for the seat , maybe you could use quick releases and make the seat post turn around 180 and pull it up , and turn 180 the seat it self to ... then just lower everything down for style when parked :wink:

Kroozerdave said:
Now that's a money shot - jackshaft with rear cog, brake disk then chainring to the back.

How to - all in one picture.

Good to hear you are collecting all those essentials before heading back the long way.

That extreme seat might just need to move to finish this in time to make it a rider for RRBO#8, however I can see you continuing to work on this beast for a few generations once back home.
I love that shot, did a quick zoom for those looking on small screens to see better detail, probably all blurry to those with huge monitors now though! :lol:

9298471767_218042f3a3.jpg

The seat will be moved as the next job, I am hoping to have the wheels and drivetrain painted, the proper handlebars done and brakes hooked up and working before the build-off deadline, aside from that will just have to wait till we get home, there will still be plenty to do, changing the shift and brakes to a custom "suicide" style, lights and frame paint etc... Plenty to keep me occupied a while longer after the build-off but at a more leisurely pace, never mind "FatBob" and the bike with the beast wheels and my wife's bike all in the pipeline too! :lol:

junknutz1975 said:
Have a save long journey home my friend !

:mrgreen:
Thanks JunkNutz! We will do our best!

noodlenoggin said:
Wow. I love the engineering on this bike. Seriously, I'm blown away. Step 1: "What would happen if I used racecar tires on a bicycle?" Step 287: This bike.

If I send you an envelope, can you ship it to me? :)
:lol: It would want to be a mighty big envelope! Going to have to remove both wheels, handlebars and forks just to get the frame short enough to fit in the trailer! :shock:

OneHorsePower said:
All this engineering is so much win Luke! , its so mechanicaly awesome , that even if you don't have time to paint it ,i will still be awesome as it is
for the seat , maybe you could use quick releases and make the seat post turn around 180 and pull it up , and turn 180 the seat it self to ... then just lower everything down for style when parked :wink:
Been thinking on that too 1HP, but decided that the main adjustment I will make is move it forward 2 inch's, then I can just raise it using the second hole on the post, (it has 5 adjustment holes in it) then I can still lower it down for parking... :wink:

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Luke.

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. RIDING PICS AND VIDEO 3!

Got some more pics when the family came home tonight, so I present my riding proof: :lol:

9298393379_e1b5997bf2.jpg

9298393477_06f30f2d95.jpg

Even convinced my Dad "Big Jim" to go for a ride so I could get a video, bear in mind, he has no brakes, this is his first attempt and he has not ridden a bike in probably 10 years, and never one like this! :lol: Sorry about the out of focus parts of the video, this new phone is pretty limited...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9sGYGfurl0

All done for the day... :wink:

9298393539_4fa4e9a562.jpg

Luke.

CONGRATS!!!!!!
That is bloody cool as heck!

Job well done sir! Now get you & yours home safely!

LukeTheJoker said:
Got some more pics when the family came home tonight, so I present my riding proof: :lol:

9298393379_e1b5997bf2.jpg

9298393477_06f30f2d95.jpg

Even convinced my Dad "Big Jim" to go for a ride so I could get a video, bear in mind, he has no brakes, this is his first attempt and he has not ridden a bike in probably 10 years, and never one like this! :lol: Sorry about the out of focus parts of the video, this new phone is pretty limited...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9sGYGfurl0

All done for the day... :wink:

9298393539_4fa4e9a562.jpg

Luke.

In the video, the dogs were taken back by this beast! :lol:

Waaayyyyy cool!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, :shock: THATS MAD :mrgreen: :D

That moment when your thoughts go from "Awesome bike" to "Big Jim is gonna steam roll the light pole."

So I'm in on the "We All Want One" Bandwagon.

kingfish254 said:
CONGRATS!!!!!!
That is bloody cool as h***!
Thanks KF!

The Renaissance Man said:
Job well done sir! Now get you & yours home safely!
In the video, the dogs were taken back by this beast! :lol:
Will do TRM! Be home in about 1 month...
Yep you are right, the dogs did not like it at all! :lol:

Chris Crew said:
Waaayyyyy cool!
Thank you Sir! :D

primestyle said:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, :shock: THATS MAD :mrgreen: :D
Thanks Primestyle! :D

shuasdad said:
That moment when your thoughts go from "Awesome bike" to "Big Jim is gonna steam roll the light pole."

So I'm in on the "We All Want One" Bandwagon.
:lol: That is true! I honestly thought he was going to flip it when he hit that first gutter but he did well!

Gold Street Customs said:
Very cool video, when he is trying to stop ,it gives you perspective of how heavy it is,,,,is that disc brake going to be big enough ? :shock: Anyways I love this build.
Thanks Gold Street! I am hoping the new disc will stop it ok, glad we upgraded from the standard bike disc to the heavy duty motorbike disc though! Should have about 3 times the stopping power! (best guess.) Very happy with the calliper too, far more adjustment than a standard bike one.

Lowlife Lucas said:
Only way I can describe the epicness of this is.....I want one!
:lol: I think I should open a shop! The prices may limit business though, this is easily my most expensive bike to date and very labour intensive...

Thanks again for commenting everybody!

This is going to end up on the bike somewhere too, very important piece for this bike:

9305967000_0b0e309a27.jpg

Still plenty more surprises to come, some of which I will hold back till right at the end! :mrgreen:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back