♠♢The Player♡♣

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fun style chopper.
Buccaneer_001.jpg

The initial bike named The Buccaneer (above image) has changed, 12/19/21.
The drag fork was replaced with a flipped rat trap instead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a hankering for a frame restoration with a poor finish. What I have would be stunning painted with additional chrome parts. Possible subtle 17th century naval influence going on. Stick shift, not sure about gearing or hubs. Coasters tend to work well with extended springy forks, prevents excessive dive. Perhaps a lever and brake arm to include cables for looks. Wheels have to be redone. Should be another fun rider... for me. Haven't ridden a chopper all year... kinda miss it.
View attachment 176594
I'm digging the stance already! Looking forward to seeing what you build this year, especially after all the ones you put together last year! Good luck dude!

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got a hankering for a frame restoration with a poor finish. What I have would be stunning painted with additional chrome parts. Possible subtle 17th century naval influence going on. Stick shift, not sure about gearing or hubs. Coasters tend to work well with extended springy forks, prevents excessive dive. Perhaps a lever and brake arm to include cables for looks. Wheels have to be redone. Should be another fun rider... for me. Haven't ridden a chopper all year... kinda miss it.
View attachment 176594
Those drag forks are killer, I like that they are raked so the frame does not need to be.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Handling varies mostly on frame geometry, weight distribution and front wheel radial mass. Low speed maneuvers require more steering input than typical fork setups. Little can be done to correct the effects of negative trail at near idle speeds. The ride is, exhilarating. It's a unique feeling seeing the front wheel spinning far in front, an aspect I thoroughly enjoy. Not like riding any other kind of bicycle. it's light, as if I'm about to takeoff leaving the ground. Some owners I've dealt with don't ride their bikes. I can't share my experiences with them. I understand how it works.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a 1930s style kitcar, and being able to watch the front wheels move up and down, lean and turn was endlessly fascinating.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have the video of my sons and my wife riding the chopper I built for mbbo a few years ago. My issue with those forks is trying not too flip over when cranking the pedals. You guys that ride choppers long distance have a talent I don’t

Tallbikeman

RRB Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your blue chopper. The wide handlebars, the cool frame that looks like it was meant for the build. I like the seat angle. Looks like that big front chain ring means you can sprint up to 40mph on this bike.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really like your blue chopper. The wide handlebars, the cool frame that looks like it was meant for the build. I like the seat angle. Looks like that big front chain ring means you can sprint up to 40mph on this bike.
Cool Blue was transformed. I taveled 15 miles in an hour. Dismantled it because the BB was too low for 6-1/2'' cranks. The pedals were a couple of cm off the ground with short arm cranks. It couldn't wheelie well either. Must be able to lift the front easily to get out of trouble. Crank forward, no standing.
drag3.jpg

The original Buccaneer design is a shortened Huffy Rail with more head tube angle. Still working it out....
The BuccaneerORG.jpg

Hampea rides seriously
View attachment 176998
*Allegedly. I'm sure he's maintaining all legal limits when he hunts roadies
I aim for'em every time:p

Think this dude got me!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good looking build, I'll watch from the sidelines. The 1 bike I had with stretched forks sat forever, couldnt get used to it.
I'm happy that you like the way they ride.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chore boy scrubber cuts rough surfaces quickly. It will not scratch domestic chrome. The shampoo acts as a detergent/lube. Tried vinegar before shampoo. Messy, results are the same.
chore Boy.jpg

Before & after. Finish with 3M polish.
comparison.jpg

Most likely using a old Shimano 3 speed hub such as the 3SC. I prefer riding on used stuff, nostalgia, and it's been tested.
3schub.jpg

My forgetfulness:
Knife brake arm. Got the idea searching for a cleaner Shimano arm. Can make my own arm.
brake arm.jpg
Grips, guard and end for regular round bars.
oldschoolchisseled1a.JPG
Something alike.. back of sissy bar?
s-l300.jpg

I dig the lantern on Boss Bike
bossbike.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts