♠♢The Player♡♣

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last one before I pack it in.
AM-JKLUe_MM7I1l2OK81i2Au98In9SEZI74RWiADIQgxyHy3dt4_VSNnadtf2qt7f-nFe7uIlTwhgrTEaB5ZMe0uOPsdBqUfW1cyFiOyBq6-YL8T_21n9-GEhhPz6FTA58MYZ4jED5DGD9r7pECFMqJ872Gq=w699-h905-no

I know, seat's not far enough back... I tried.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Going freewheel. A long caliper brake isn't gonna cut it for me. Cantilever brakes are my solution for quick stops. They have appeal while adding bling.
Made a cable hanger the seat post clamp bolt passes through to get started. V- brake clamps work like a charm. No fender or foot interference. I smoothed and polished the clamps.
brake2.jpg

Brake1.jpg

AM-JKLVBbIv6y1BTXOB1rmgUS2fej6E6FAbes3J0ryVTRUv__WJxVlXK1b3tEIo529H4JIitRktZc8tuwLKvBG-LZqRv3lQgQesjz5Bff6Qw3xP5RCfTDPlVm1lI2B1cnNLFeLYCgwCGUt2LWznkKtxtdRH-=w1232-h905-no

As kids we used electric tape to decorate our bicycles. My friend's father worked for a utility company. He kept various color of tapes around. I was wrapping my bars at my friend's house one day when suddenly his mother busted in upset at both of us. I was dismissed midway of finishing without a grip or tape. Rode around for months with one grip. I got used to it and recently thought to bring it back.
Generally I use one grip on the drive side with a single control. I switched it around this time because the kid who rode with the bar parked it against something that caused scratches. The tape conceals them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Huret speedo is DOA:cry: Possible fix link.

Have a complete Stewart Warner and a cable for the Cycle(whatever brand) and a seized Huret head.
speedox2.jpg

The coupling nut sizes are all different:confused: @Matti
speedoheads.jpg

The cable ends are all the same @2.5mm or 1/8''. The Cycle cable end at the wheel drive is smaller @1.9mm - 1/16''.
Dremel tool cables fit FYI.
speedodremel.jpg

Tried to Ferris Bueller the miles back with a drill😁 Direction had to be reverse to move the needle.
speedodrill.jpg

Kind of suspected there would be rocker interference. The drive wheel axle hole doesn't reach the dropout notch. I need a worm gear drive type.
driverrocker.jpg

speedo hub worm.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you @KJV, Recently saw a YT video using that to fix reading glasses:thumbsup:

Like your style hamppea. Really love that groovy back tire.
Thanks man, haven't ridden on it yet🤞

Cleaned and polished the Stewart Warner parts. Not sure what size wheel it's for. The other speedo's marked 20'' on the dial. No drive wheel for that one.
polish.jpg

Placed it on the bars, disliked it. Blocked views over and under... wasn't liking the clutter close to the light.
🤔

Found a visible spot out of the way I did like. Could be a straighter run, threaded in without forcing the cable. Pretty rigid, doesn't flop around or rub the tire during normal turning.
AM-JKLX9CsZI_lC6L6RcptZ5zznJi4BTwmRwAMY8nx3k1TH5z66tSUpVGKuQ7iEAZ1bma16xZ629yPiaHBtG2k5MM_4EXNybF_jvJk0r0PreMBuLVY3Gabg_-NxBDJXoJiFx4-rvs5GOOgboIfre-wq4ZPZg=w1170-h905-no

Thoroughly enjoyed the entire album working through the evening, helped me make it.

Last edited:

Latest posts