⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ --- Sexy HEXy Is DONE! - Ride (PIC HEAVY) + Walkaround VIDEO!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Jed Clamp-It Bars idea.

If I was using these, I would be cutting off two section as such.

20210528_101440 b .jpg

I'm not going to cut these, because I have a different set of bars in trasnsit to me. But I can flip the bars and get an feel for the idea in this position. You just have to imagine the excess portions aren't there.

20210528_102014.jpg
20210528_102219.jpg
20210528_102226.jpg
20210528_102246.jpg
20210528_102254.jpg
20210528_102309.jpg
20210528_102314.jpg

Last edited:
I like what I am seeing from the mockups so far. Drivability-wise, the placement of the grips is great. The other thing these clip on brackets allow is a ton of flexibility on the placement and angles of the bars. I can easily rotate from a perpindicular mount to swepted back bars and anything in between. I can also raise or lower the height of the bars by lowering the brackets down the fork legs.

The 7/8 clamps have an angle to them too. In my mockups I mounted the brackets so that it angles the bar ends downwards.

20210528_103336.jpg

I can just as easily switch the brackets to the other fork legs in a manner that the bar ends angle upwards. I'll figure all that out when the other bars arrive.

20210528_103345.jpg

I like the look of thosr bars down low in that last photo!
What do the 'clips ' in your first post of Bar-cos episodes actually clip on to?

I like the look of thosr bars down low in that last photo!
What do the 'clips ' in your first post of Bar-cos episodes actually clip on to?

They aren't down low in any of the pics. All are showing them mounted just under the top plate of the triple tree.
The clamps slide onto the 38mm (1.5") fork legs and onto the 7/8"handlebars.

They aren't down low in any of the pics. All are showing them mounted just under the top plate of the triple tree.
The clamps slide onto the 38mm (1.5") fork legs and onto the 7/8"handlebars.
Where you grip the handlebar in the last photo looks lower to me than the first position you showed.

Looking awesome maybe checkerboard handle grips to match the seat.

That could be an option, but if I stick with this saddle, I probably won't use anymore checkers. I wouldn't want it to be too much like my Holeshot build.

The interesting thing about clip ons is that they allow for many combinations. For example curves instead of straight bars:
View attachment 159191
Or so:
View attachment 159192
Then the bar clamp could be positioned in front of the fork legs as well as behind them (frame clearance might be tricky on some frames). They are usually angled horizontally so this gives them another position for the bars if they are flipped upside down (so to say, since they don't have an actual top or bottom side, it is up personal preference).

Yeah, the flexibility of the various ways I can mount and position the bars is a big draw for me. I can't wait until the bars I ordered get here. (hopefully early this week).

Nice, you can put the compression cap right in to the crown now!

Yes, I was holding off on cutting the steertube until I proved that the clip on would give me what I wanted.
Then I was thinking that I would still leave enough height so that I would still have the option of these forks anywhere else in the future. Silly me, I should cut it down all the way, then if I wanted a regular stem with these forks years down the road, all I need to do is get a longer steertube. That forkplate is gonna look sick with no steertube and the clipons under the top plate.

I'll leave this little jewel here. I couldn't resist it when it popped on the CABE in April.

20210520_153334.jpg

I actually tested a couple of guards back on day 1

This one didn't feel right. Of course if I used it I would have stripped it down to chrome.

1622426405774.png

But I did like the Spaceliner guard right away.

1622426482330.png

1622426592548.png

Spaceliner guard has a fast look to it, and could blend in well with the overall vibe!

That was my thought when I first saw it pop on the CABE.
I loved having fun with the one that I had on Flexy.

aIMG_8017.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back