⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ --- Sexy HEXy Is DONE! - Ride (PIC HEAVY) + Walkaround VIDEO!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, it’s an okay looking bike, but what if it was a WHOLE lot brighter?

I could still polish it, but I am leaning more towards keeping the satin level of finish on it. I've already built on polished Silver King before.

About to ride with @Dr. Tankenstein
IMG_20210725_142118_031.jpg

Was awesome riding with you today, those Italian ice really hit the spot!

Hextreme is even better in person, rides super smooth and those wheels look ‘trippy’ while they’re spinning.

Looking forward to seeing the ‘extra touches’ you’re planning for it!

I got @Dr. Tankenstein to ride HEXtreme today so that I could see the wheels spinning. Our buddy Chris provided the commentary. It was a fun day.

The thing looks great in action. Nice guest appearance by Dr T's sweet blue Duti too!
Thanks Matti!
Our buddy Chris’ Worksman muscle bike that’s also there is an awesome bike. It’s a tribute to his recently deceased grandmother. He isn’t a member here and doesn’t really build to any particular ‘style’, he builds with what he has, true ‘rat’ style to me.

Was awesome riding with you today, those Italian ice really hit the spot!

Hextreme is even better in person, rides super smooth and those wheels look ‘trippy’ while they’re spinning.

Looking forward to seeing the ‘extra touches’ you’re planning for it!

Yes, three rounds of Italian Ice from the girl on the square was a kool way to compensate for the sun.

Thanks Matti!
Our buddy Chris’ Worksman muscle bike that’s also there is an awesome bike. It’s a tribute to his recently deceased grandmother. He isn’t a member here and doesn’t really build to any particular ‘style’, he builds with what he has, true ‘rat’ style to me.

Yeah, Chris built this Worksman from the heart. At the end of our 5 hour cruise, we stopped in front of my house and I brought out one last round of cold beer in glasses and we raised our glasses to Alfreda Jenkins as he gave her a fitting toast and we poured a little of beer on the bike to Christen it in her memory. He did her proud with Mama's Boy.

20210726_140746.jpg

Hard to believe it has been 23 days since I did anything with HEXtreme. Sorry for the drought. We are in the process of closing our Savannah office space so we all will be working from home now. It would be enough work for someone to have to setup a home office (which I didn't have), and get all of your work stuff moved after being in an office space for 19 years. Well, for me the work was even greater, because I had been using the spare offices as bike storage :D the past 10 years. That is why I have been selling so much stuff. I also had to get a storage unit to move that stuff into. I have had no time at all to tinker on my build for the past month.

That will change shortly. There is still work that I plan to do to HEXtreme. It ain't done yet.
It's off to the races, now that we are about in the final stretch of the last month of the Build Off.

20210726_141006.jpg
20210726_141043.jpg

Last edited:
Because, if you stopped right now, you'd probably have to settle for 1ˢᵗ place.

Still way too much time left in BO16 to think that.

So how much in this view was there when this frame cam off the line, I wonder?

With most of the pics I take around Savannah, the scenery is much much older than my bikes, but in this case not as much. The Savannah riverfront on the left dates back to the city's founding in 1733. There are modern buildings in the pic, but I would say 80% of buildings on River Street date back to the early 1800s. The gold dome of City Hall is from around 1910. The port buildings near the bridge are probably about as old as the bike. The frame is 1947, so there wasn't even a bridge until 6 years later. Most everything on the right side of the river is newer than the bike except for a couple of older wharfs. The new riverwalk extension where the bike is sitting is pretty close to the location where the temporary shipyard was where they built Liberty Ships to support the war effort in WWII.

Latest posts

Back