⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ --- Sexy HEXy Is DONE! - Ride (PIC HEAVY) + Walkaround VIDEO!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my package from the hex Honeycomb Hideout just in time for a late breakfast.

20210823_102550.jpg

I started searching on how do you cut this stuff. Many of the videos had people with thick accents that I couldn't understand, then I found this guy that speaks perfectly with no accent whatsoever. Now I feel comfortable that I can cut these honeycomb "say-yells" easily.

Last edited:
After looking at this pic, I may decide to forget about covering the frame blemish and lower the downtube cable guide so that the hardware is in line with the nose of the chainguard just to keep the flow of everything a little smoother.
If that downtube blemish is truly bothersome, I expect a band of that aluminum tape, carefully applied and burnished, would conceal it nicely. Few people would ever suspect its purpose or even notice it.

Expecting some of this for my build in the mail today. :D

View attachment 169208
I loved Honeycomb cereal! I still love buying a different cereal now and then to relive the old days as a kid. That was one special thing we always got to do, pick out our own favorite cereal at the warehouse grocery store we shopped at. Oftentimes it was based on what prize might be inside, or how many box tops we needed to get the cool stuff pictured on the back of the box!

If that downtube blemish is truly bothersome, I expect a band of that aluminum tape, carefully applied and burnished, would conceal it nicely. Few people would ever suspect its purpose or even notice it.

Naw, the blemish doesn't really concern me much. It was just opportunistic to cover it before. But, I think the guide hardware wouldn't stand out as much if I just slidnit down a little and let the guard disguise it some.

I loved Honeycomb cereal! I still love buying a different cereal now and then to relive the old days as a kid. That was one special thing we always got to do, pick out our own favorite cereal at the warehouse grocery store we shopped at. Oftentimes it was based on what prize might be inside, or how many box tops we needed to get the cool stuff pictured on the back of the box!

Yep, the stuff inside definitely factored into our decisions. And many times, the first thing we did at home was dig through the box to get the prize out.

Yep, the stuff inside definitely factored into our decisions. And many times, the first thing we did at home was dig through the box to get the prize out.
I still have a DVD I got in a cereal box years ago that had episodes from some of my favorite Cartoon Networks shows at the time, like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Codename: Kids Next Door, and Scooby Doo. Actually, now I want to dig that old DVD out and see if it still works. I must have watched that thing I don't know how many times as a kid. Did you ever have the Strawberry Honeycomb? That had to be my personal favorite version of that cereal.

Edit: Okay, I haven't found that DVD, but I did find a CD-ROM for the movie Robots that I got in a box of Pop-Tarts! I'll try looking for the other DVD tomorrow, as it's late and I'm getting tired, but here's a short video talking about this DVD and others like it that I'm trying to find:

Last edited:
It's gonna be a day or two before I am able to work with the honeycomb, but my plan is to make a Wish Sammich with it being the bread. Since I don't have any meat, here is a test using the report folder as the Wish part...........Bow Bow Bow....

1629823460938.png

Just rediscovered this pic from Spring 1950 that @Rat Rod posted up a few years ago.
Check out the sweet Silver King Hex Tube in the middle.

1629904892833.png

1629904978425.png

@SwissGuy was correct on my plans for the honeycomb. Just finished cutting the rough blanks for the two halves. I think I changed my mind on the sammich meat though. I am pretty sure that I will use my trusty roof flashing (if I can find it).

20210825_114022.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back