π™π™π™ˆ π™Žπ™₯π™šπ™šπ™™π™‘π™žπ™£π™š π˜½π™π˜Όπ™

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the comparison together.

Hole shot:
204075-Arrow-tank-brat.JPG

Trap Speed:
203983-aIRFLOW-bRAT.jpg

Great analogy by @Couch tater & have to agree. While a great design to begin with(Grail Bike) it's a winner either way. Especially in such gifted hands.

I prefer the Arrow tank. It has a "You talkin' to me?", Bowed up back alley brawler, Not to be Messed With, ready to pounce/launch attitude.

I love it! :heart: :inlove:

Honestly it’s really difficult to choose as they both look stunning. However, I would lean towards the latter as the side profile conveys a bit more of an aerodynamic profile. But you are the creator so go with what you feel is best. Either way, I’m sure you’ll end up with a jaw dropper regardless

Here's the comparison together.

Hole shot:
204075-Arrow-tank-brat.JPG

Trap Speed:
203983-aIRFLOW-bRAT.jpg
I'm still undecided. At this state I like both, leaning towards "Trap Speed".
For a final vote I would need to see your ideas for sadle and handlebar...

I don’t know if this is about winning races or winning a styling contest.

Either way is a winner.

My choice would depend on what I was going to paint over it.
I don't think he has time to paint it, I believe he will just blow magic patina dust on it , like he usually does, and come out smelling like a rose.

Honestly it’s really difficult to choose as they both look stunning. However, I would lean towards the latter as the side profile conveys a bit more of an aerodynamic profile. But you are the creator so go with what you feel is best. Either way, I’m sure you’ll end up with a jaw dropper regardless
I like the airflow tank with out the femders. I think it will provide better wind tunnel testing and certainly battling head winds. πŸ˜€
Definitely better aerodynamics. I'm running out of time so I'll probably forgo the wind tunnel testing this year. :)
I'm still undecided. At this state I like both, leaning towards "Trap Speed".
For a final vote I would need to see your ideas for sadle and handlebar...
The saddle and handlebar will both be low in keeping with the brat style.
I don’t know if this is about winning races or winning a styling contest.

Either way is a winner.

My choice would depend on what I was going to paint over it.
I don't think he has time to paint it, I believe he will just blow magic patina dust on it , like he usually does, and come out smelling like a rose.
Probably no paint or magic dust this time around. Just sorta 'bring whatcha got' for this one.
I had thought that I would rattle can the fork black but for some reason I'm liking the color of the fork like it is. :39:

It's a coin flip in my opinion. Both look great.

@SwissGuy brought up the saddle so I took a picture of it.

IMG_4396.JPG

Like I mentioned before, it needs to be low and flat(ish) to follow the thinking for the brat style motif. This NOS Troxel should do just fine. :)

What a nicely shaped seat. It's like a cross up of a banana seat and a bread loaf seat. I tried to acquire another loaf seat from evilbay and I think the lowest was $80 at the time. I had no idea that they were that expensive. The one that I had already acquired was salvaged off of a whole kiddie bike that I got from one of the thrift shops here. That seat is really going to bring it all together.

What a nicely shaped seat. It's like a cross up of a banana seat and a bread loaf seat.
I wasn't really sure what to call it. I was leaning toward solo or 'polo solo' but that didn't seem to work either. It has more of a bread loaf shape than a banana seat but bread loafs are much thicker. Most of the time on epay they are listed as banana seats but then almost all old bikes are called 'Schwinns' by the uninformed. :21:
So who knows?

Groovy saddle!

Latest posts

Back