πŸπŸ—πŸ‘πŸ• π”π§πœπ₯𝐞 π’π­π«πžπ­πœπ‘ 𝐂𝐨π₯𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐗𝐋𝐖𝐁 - BO17 Build Journal - Finished in 3rd Place - 1937 Uncle Stretch Colson XLWB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny we are in Monterrey right now. My wife is remodeling her family home and then putting
it up for sale. Been here off and on for 4 or 5 months. Long for food not wrapped in a tortilla and
a bean that has not been liquefied. Got a really nice mountain in front and behind us so its not all
bad. Been retired for about 16 years so far and its been fun. So any change is nice .

Attachments

• IMG_0773.MOV
    2.7 MB
Its funny we are in Monterrey right now. My wife is remodeling her family home and then putting
it up for sale. Been here off and on for 4 or 5 months. Long for food not wrapped in a tortilla and
a bean that has not been liquefied. Got a really nice mountain in front and behind us so its not all
bad. Been retired for about 16 years so far and its been fun. So any change is nice .

Wow! Nice digs!!

Probably shouldn't post non bike stuff. Might get kicked off. Have fun in Italy and
good luck with your build.

Naw man, we are pretty open around here. Great to catch up with you.

If I am not mistaken, there have been quite a few frames that have been allowed in Class 1 over the past few years where the frame wasn't a "factory" frame but was one that the entrant bought. It didn't even cross my mind that this frame would be an issue.. . .

At first the idea bothered me., and then I realized two things:

Life has way too many rules already. Just do what you like best and let them re-write the rule book when you win.

Winning is important, but you gotta care about the machine first. Build for your vision first, compliance second.

At first the idea bothered me., and then I realized two things:

Life has way too many rules already. Just do what you like best and let them re-write the rule book when you win.

Winning is important, but you gotta care about the machine first. Build for your vision first, compliance second.

Like I said before. I'm not doing anything new by using this frame. Precedence was set over multiple build offs, nothing is being rewritten here.

You'll see soon as the build off gets rolling, it is always about the building first and foremost, and not the winning. We all help each other out and form a creative collective that allows each of us to build a much better bike with each other, than we could ever have imagined or accomplished on our own. That is what MAKES the Rat Rod Bikes Build Offs unique. We all draw inspiration from what we see and hear from each other. It's what has kept me coming back for the past 12 years. There is nothing else like it.

Hey Kingfish my wife has a corporation for her business, and I did build 4 of those frames , which
would be a limited run for our company . So in reality it was a company produced frame and
not a one off custom. I think your safe to use it.

Perfect! I'm looking forward to jumping on this when we return. Just arrived in Genoa, Italy today. Ciao, for now.

I built this one last year in Class 1. You're good to go.

IMG_20210904_193550.jpg

I built this one last year in Class 1. You're good to go.

View attachment 192643
Not quite the same thing, as that's an AV Customs frame, of which many have been produced. I point this out, but I'm not saying I have a problem with him using the frame. Go for it.

Living la dolce vita in Monterosso al Mare, Italy

20220510_165538.jpg

Gasoline in my neighborhood is over $6.60 US for the β€œgood” stuff. 91 octane gasohol.

I saw Diesel as high as seven dollars although the average prices are closer to $6.50.

That’s why you can’t find bicycle parts or good quality bicycles for sale at a reasonable price. High gasoline prices have driven the demand for bicycles way up. As for me I’m just preparing for a future where they take my car away because I’m too old to drive.

(Let them try to take my bicycles! LoL)

Siete in vacanza alle Cinque Terre. Molto bello, vorrei andarci anch'io!
:wink1:

Sì, finora abbiamo visto due delle cinque città. Sono sorprendenti. Vernazza, Italia

1652290631983.png

Latest posts

Back