🍺 Anita Brewski 🍺- Bullhorns go bye bye

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just a Persons vs Troxel branding thing...

0A998420-EF11-4567-851D-F2E0B0AD4135.jpeg

s-l400 (3).jpg

5648564_0t45vw5a.jpg

Pretty sure these cranks came from @RustyGold when he sold me a bunch of Bratz bike parts for my BO15 bike

I love the "cycle" of parts around this place

I've got some forks coming from @Pedalpat that I think will be my first pass on the next big build for me. Maybe BO18? Who knows

I agree. I always try to remember the geneaology of the parts I use on my builds. It's fun following who they came from or who made them for what build. Hakuna Matata circle of bike stuff. :D

I agree. I always try to remember the geneaology of the parts I use on my builds. It's fun following who they came from or who made them for what build. Hakuna Matata circle of bike stuff. :D
Makes for one crazy shaped family tree that's for sure

1. Yes bicycle polo is a thing. Very popular in NYC actually

2. I didn't invent it. Just using the same verbiage but has nothing to do with the above

View attachment 195455

Technically the earliest muscle bikes or High Rise bikes had what people call Polo seats. They were the precursors to the Banana seats that came shortly after. In the muscle bike world "Polo" seats are the flat long seat that don't curve.

"1963. Bob Persons (center) showing off his wildly succesful "Solo Polo" seat at the 1963 National Bicycle Dealers Association convention. The seat gained new found popularity after being a non-seller for many years." - (Photo and text from John Brain)

1654565158240.png

Last edited:
I heard someone call em "nanners"
I'm trying to make it a thing

Nanners

I've been calling them nanners for years. I even have a forever build called "Nanner Puddin" :D

When does ToC become ToCBL?

*Turn of Century Before Last

Otherwise, a ToC bike is ~2000? :grin:

Does that mean that many of the builds here on RRB are Pre-TOC!!!!!???

Now that I'm caught up on your build, I like the low life growler grabber beer run vibe it has so far.

Now that I'm caught up on your build, I like the low life growler grabber beer run vibe it has so far.
Thank you sir. Changes and progress soon after all this pesky work stops getting in the way

I've been calling them nanners for years. I even have a forever build called "Nanner Puddin" :D
You are the "someone" I was talking about, didn't want to bother you and the missus' European vacation with a pointless shout out. Now you are back, so, "Hey! It was the King!"

On the road traveling for work and had some time to kill today so I stopped in a small hole in the wall bike shop and scored! While making small talk I found out they had a set of thick slicks in the back "forever" that somebody ordered and never came back for. $25 for the pair! And the nice guys at my following meeting boxed them up and shipped them from Pennsylvania to my house no cost! Winning

I won't use them on this build but an update is an update 🤑

On the road traveling for work and had some time to kill today so I stopped in a small hole in the wall bike shop and scored! While making small talk I found out they had a set of thick slicks in the back "forever" that somebody ordered and never came back for. $25 for the pair! And the nice guys at my following meeting boxed them up and shipped them from Pennsylvania to my house no cost! Winning

I won't use them on this build but an update is an update 🤑
WOW! Great value on that buy! Awesome!

Killer score. Thick Slicks are great looking tires.

92818549_1129994390675177_4340275060624326656_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back