šŸŗ Anita Brewski šŸŗ- Bullhorns go bye bye

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a guess. Worth a try. The 2.125 "looks" like it leaves a fair amount of room

Maybe open up the axle slots or extend them to get the wheel back further if need be

If not, i'm sure the 2.125 will be fine

MO FATTA
MO BETTA

MO FATTA
MO BETTA
If it works it works. If not no big deal.

Trying to buy almost nothing for the build outside of what's on the shelf. Exception so far is the lucky 7 which I ordered a couple from Husky just to have

Iā€™ve never succeded in a ā€˜no buyā€™ build, but, I donā€™t have quote the inventory of some of yā€™all.

Keep up the work, but easy enough to heal well. :thumbsup:
I'm lucky enough that it's very affluent around these parts and people dispose of some good bikes. Also helps that our local rental bike market is in the hundreds or maybe thousands and all of those companies have spares and junkers for days

Must be nice! Most stuff I run across here is either cheap or free Wal Mart junk, or fairly expensive! I didnā€™t spend much on last years build ā€œHuffy Davidsonā€ but I have order a bunch of new things for this years build. Iā€™m liking the way itā€™s turning out so far and should getā€™er done in another week or two!

I'm lucky enough that it's very affluent around these parts and people dispose of some good bikes. Also helps that our local rental bike market is in the hundreds or maybe thousands and all of those companies have spares and junkers for days
Don't even want to look in these parts most we have one scrapper for every 10 people. Nothing is left.

Ingola is right. Scrappers are magic in our town. On any day, you can leave a piece of metal, an oven, a mower, a bike, whatever, at the curb, and it will vanish within the hour. I've had stuff picked before I even got back inside the house. "Curb find" bikes are like a miracle.
scumbag-jawa_fb_968205.jpg

Ingola is right. Scrappers are magic in our town. On any day, you can leave a piece of metal, an oven, a mower, a bike, whatever, at the curb, and it will vanish within the hour. I've had stuff picked before I even got back inside the house. "Curb find" bikes are like a miracle.
View attachment 193941
That's how our NC city used to be. Like vultures circling in their stake bed trucks. And then they would always leave an absolute mess out of everything they did leave behind. More then once they knocked over the cans or tore open bags pulling out scrap and then we would get angry letters from the HOA or the trash service šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Out here we don't have scrappers, just other "opportunists" like myself. When encountering one at the same pile as you they can usually be abated with a gentle "no no, after you I insist" or the classic "did you need help with that"

Our local teams are alright, very tidy and helpful. I even got a pair of scrappers to help me carry a bathtub out of the back yard. It is the transient ones that move in during the summer who make a mess. We have deposit on liquor and beer bottles, and on garbage night they roam the streets dumping recycling boxes to find that gold. I'm fine with the rummaging, just leave it as tidy (if not better) than you found it. The recent economic situation has been hard on my town, many people are facing housing challenges because big city folk are moving in and driving up costs beyond what is sustainable or sane

Capā€™n! Youā€™re doing an aluminum bicycle! And youā€™re going to mod the frame huh? Awesome!

I was hoping to see one in the RRBBO. So far I havenā€™t run across one I want to build. Even at a silly high price & you wonā€™t often find any free junk bicycles around here.

People are asking $50 for a junk bicycle with rotten tires, and $35 for a bare frame from a Chinese ladies cruiser bike that sells brand-new for just over $100.

I paid $100 for a junk steel bicycle just because it had quality aluminum wheels & a Sturmey hub. 5 years ago it wouldā€™ve sold for $20 max.

The guy knew what he was selling too. Itā€™s a pretty savvy market around here. With a flat valley the size of Nebraska & 355 days of sunshine per year, itā€™s pretty much Bicyclefornia in the San Joaquin.

With 10 times as many cars on the roads as bicycles though, itā€™s not safe on many of the major city boulevards.

Staying here in the massive Clovis suburbs, it is bicycle heaven, as far as riding conditions.

Capā€™n! Youā€™re doing an aluminum bicycle! And youā€™re going to mod the frame huh? Awesome!

I was hoping to see one in the RRBBO. So far I havenā€™t run across one I want to build. Even at a silly high price & you wonā€™t often find any free junk bicycles around here.

People are asking $50 for a junk bicycle with rotten tires, and $35 for a bare frame from a Chinese ladies cruiser bike that sells brand-new for just over $100.

I paid $100 for a junk steel bicycle just because it had quality aluminum wheels & a Sturmey hub. 5 years ago it wouldā€™ve sold for $20 max.

The guy knew what he was selling too. Itā€™s a pretty savvy market around here. With a flat valley the size of Nebraska & 355 days of sunshine per year, itā€™s pretty much Bicyclefornia in the San Joaquin.

With 10 times as many cars on the roads as bicycles though, itā€™s not safe on many of the major city boulevards.

Staying here in the massive Clovis suburbs, it is bicycle heaven, as far as riding conditions.
No frame "mods" other than cutting off tabs and maybe drilling a few holes. In the spirit of Class 1 it'll be as close to factory as possible

I do think that it could use a hair cut on the seat tube for aesthetics and also I could take about 3mm off each side of the head tube to let that fork sit in there better and get a better purchase on the top nut. It works as is but could go down further in both cases

Ok, we can communicate or just play with the languageā€¦BUT:

Are you going to add a top tube? I thought I read something earlier about that conversion.

Ok, we can communicate or just play with the languageā€¦BUT:

Are you going to add a top tube? I thought I read something earlier about that conversion.
I said I had something planned for that area. I never said I was going to add a tube. And if I did do that I would have to figure out a way to do it without welding as that would move this from class 1 to class 2 so I do not intend to do that

Ohā€¦ Maybe I am confusing posts from different threads here. I shouldnā€™t start reading at 5 AM.

Iā€™ve seen lots of ā€œconvertibleā€ bikes that were done with a device that did not include any welding but just a couple of small bolts.

BTW, The frame that I am riding on every day is steel, but otherwise looks kinda Unisexish.

I just made up that word. Now people will be able to call me a unisexist. I need to quit playing with the language and communicate.

No gender bending, no added top tube

Something else keeping with the name and theme

I mean it's a woman's name so I might as well start with a bike frame originally intended for a lady. I'll make it into something else

1_2OKX1nhsZ3-CB2CidEdhJw.png

Ok, so.............

How's about this? Slapped on this polo seat for an eyeball and stuck some wheels in place

IMG_20220531_141212173~2.jpg
IMG_20220531_141221600~2.jpg

That crank fought me all the way but nothing a maul and 36" cheater bar couldn't solve šŸ‘

Speaking of, I got my chainrings from Husky. Got this 3.5 lowrider crank from the stash

IMG_20220531_140719765~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back