10 Speed SHOPPER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few years ago I was inspired to build the 'SE Shopper' based on the 1976 SE Chopper!

SNOWSE.jpg

As you can see I did a pretty good job on this one!

RSWSE.jpg

So by looking at this pic of the 10 speed chopper, you can tell which way i am going??

945332b20345fa0ebce61201d906c96f.jpg

There's going to be a few challenges on the way, as I want to build it as though it wouldv'e come out of the factory, as per my last one! I have a frameset on the side, and a few weeks back i sourced the correct 1970 handlebars!! And buried away somewhere I have a NOS 10 speed chainwheel with 6 1/2" arm to complete the shopper look!

Now to get 'rare part locating' which includes finding the correct huret front mech, and somehow building a 28h 5 speed 16" wheel!

Last edited:
Welcome to BOTEN from across the pond.
I have always wanted to find one of those little RSW's.
Never heard the Chopper's called Shoppers, but I knew that some of the Twenty's had that name.
Are you going to be building up that small RSW like a Chopper 10 Speed??? This is gonna be sick!!!!

Welcome to BOTEN from across the pond.
I have always wanted to find one of those little RSW's.
Never heard the Chopper's called Shoppers, but I knew that some of the Twenty's had that name.
Are you going to be building up that small RSW like a Chopper 10 Speed??? This is gonna be sick!!!!

Well I just thought when it comes to making the decals for these it will look smarter if they say Shopper, like that it's only 1 letter change.

Anyway,I've just seen there's a mk3 RSW on eBay only a few miles from home. The owner has stripped it to bare metal. The reason it has to be a mk3 RSW is because the way the frame is joined together round the bottom bracket, it looks most like a chopper frame! Hopefully I will win this bike and it will male life a lot easier. My other RSW frames have every last part missing and I don't want to go round looking for every last nut and bolt!

I've pulled out the handlebars for this build too, also got the grips fitted! When I built the 'SE Shopper' I purposely chose to use US spec twenty handlebars, these are basically the same as chopper ones in terms of angles, except for the fact they are lower rise

Very cool!
Good luck with the auction!

That really looks nice as a bare metal bike!

That is a great looking chainring there!!

Latest posts

Back