10 Speed SHOPPER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jake, Is that crank set off a full size Raleigh or is it from a Chopper? Looks longer than the one from a Chopper..

Got the brakes on this morning, locked the mechs into a gear and took it for a spin!!

B26B5682-EC07-44A4-9FF3-62037228875A.jpg

Front mech had to be attached in true rat rod style lol

24BFD8A9-8509-4DA6-93CC-558CAD7B0312.jpg

Once i sort out the cable routing for the gears. A full stripdown will happen, and the frame will go for the clean bare metal look and will upgrade the chrome!

You may not get too much more top end with 16" wheels. That's the same chain wheel I had on my late 60's Hercules, nice!

xaqjkj.jpg

Thanks!

To be fair this isn't going to be something for a long distance commuter! Just a nice project!

Anyway, I am now waiting for the shifter to arrive and I will focus on how to route the cables! Gotta think carefully on this, there's a hole in the frame on the left for one cable, but might have to expand the right hole to take 2 cables! We will see! For now it's just a case of truing up the back wheel and finding a better front wheel/fender

Thanks!

To be fair this isn't going to be something for a long distance commuter! Just a nice project!
I hear you. On my 20" Sears Tote, I ended up running a 52T up front, with a 17T in the rear on a Shimano 3 speed, and I sometimes wind-out the top gear if I get a tailwind. Short crank arms help deal with spinning faster without it killing my knees, though.

I hear you. On my 20" Sears Tote, I ended up running a 52T up front, with a 17T in the rear on a Shimano 3 speed, and I sometimes wind-out the top gear if I get a tailwind. Short crank arms help deal with spinning faster without it killing my knees, though.
cool shifter on that one!

Love the redline tires!

This evening I took it one step further!

It kinda works! Took meme a while to sort out the wheel but I'm happy with the outcome!

9E2CE46A-8A30-44D5-A8B0-0823D39A22E6.jpg

17BDF13D-A900-46E2-99D9-0E2B285D9C96.jpg

7CF5B478-5C52-4D99-9AEB-85F1CD46F74B.jpg
Very nice! This is a cool little bike and I'll be watching to see it "develop"...:thumbsup:

Nice work! Great to see it being ridden too.

Anything new with this build?
10 days to go

Latest posts

Back