??????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool engineering and graceful design too. It looks like a big hump so how about Humpty

humpty.jpg

Ah, been hoping to see someone bring back that style, cool to see someone on RRB doing it!
Ahhhh nice to see you have survived the christmas and the heatwave. Good to see you are on RRB.
Do you know anything about it Luke?

Okay so some of you have throwin some names into the hat.
Piggyback (mine)
Arc Angel (carl)
Humpty (kingfish)
Joan of Arc(Glenn)
Curveball(Glenn)
Lets have some fun and throw a few more in.
I will send a prize to the winner of the name I choose.

Last edited:
Okay so some of you have throwin some names into the hat.
Piggyback (mine)
Arc Angel (carl)
Humpty (kingfish)
Lets have some fun and throw a few more in.
I will send a prize to the winner of the name I choose.

:blush: I did mention Joan... as in Joan of Arc... which you did pick up on... but perhaps you don't like that name :blush:

:39:

Curveball.

:blush: I did mention Joan... as in Joan of Arc... which you did pick up on... but perhaps you don't like that name :blush:

:39:

Curveball.
Ha ha, Put them both in...Just missed it.

I guess I should say also to pick a color,that goes with the name also... Gen these bikes are either black or, rusty by now...

Looking at the list. I actually like Piggyback

Or Hunchback

Quasimodo

Quasimodo, the hunchback of Funkme Fame

Bent lee
Archie
Slingblade
but I still like Arc Angel best...
GTB!

Carl.

Here are a few monikers to ponder Ms. Funk,
Bows and Narrows
Sling Fling
Higher Tire Wire Flyer
Span O' Copita (copita: spanish, tall tulip glass, Spanikopita is a Greek Spinach pie.)

Some very cool names:

Piggyback (mine)

(carl)
Arc Angel
Bent lee
Archie
Slingblade

(kingfish)
Humpty
Hunchback
Quasimodo
Quasimodo, the hunchback of Funkme Fame

Joan of Arc(Glenn)
Curveball(Glenn)

(late for dinner)
Bows and Narrows
Sling Fling
Higher Tire Wire Flyer
Span O' Copita (copita: spanish, tall tulip glass, Spanikopita is a Greek Spinach pie.)

Went into the junk pile and started looking for some parts.
I also enlarged a poster size to match the frame size.
Tacked the a4 pages to old sheet of ply wood.
This shot is with 24" rim wrapped with 3" tire.
20180107_085030.jpg
These are 26" rims,fine and simple.

20180107_085606.jpg

20180107_085615.jpg

I have 2 of these rare early something rims,but they were from off a trailer of some sort. I dont want to change the hubs as they are collectors. They are from the war.
20180107_085721.jpg

On the back is a 28" and on the front a weird size, like 27". Would have to order tires for the 27",but I do have a set in coaster brake.
20180107_090810.jpg

Saddle from this era needs new leather ,some plumbing pipes and a old style bottom bracket and frame,at the moment I just want the pipes for the downtube. Need to dig out some old forks and 3 bit crank.
20180107_092459.jpg

Either this bike had no brakes or has a coaster on the back?

Instead of cable you could always use solid steel rod. Some of the earlier "cross frames" were built like this.
Was thinking the same thing,I could use old rebar for building.I have some old ones that dont have the zags etc.

Ahhhh nice to see you have survived the christmas and the heatwave. Good to see you are on RRB.
Do you know anything about it Luke?
Nope, I tried researching it a few years back, but could not find anymore than you have.

Iโ€™ve been reading this book since Christmas: (highly reccomended, btw)
67664022-EFED-41B5-958E-2C0363415DBC.jpeg

and havenโ€™t seen that particular design either. Flipped through just to try and find it. Educated-guessing it came during the transistion from high-wheelers to safety bikes, when there was a resurgence in new designs. The cross-frame bikes (some using similar cables, as previously mentioned) were developing alongside and being a serious contender against the diamond frames to become the new โ€œstandard.โ€

Neat project!

Latest posts

Back