19? Shaplegh 28" er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help with positive I.D. on maker of this Shapleigh Bicycle considered to in the category of Private Labeled bicycles.

Is the manufacturer Emblem, Pope, Westfield or Columbia components are of a much earlier bike, check out the forks definitely
not those featured in the 1935 Shapleigh catalog, the only description I can find of a Shapleigh Special.

The head badge was held on by a small screw at the top and a small nail at the bottom and the faded out paint
underneath didn't match the shape of the head badge.
Here is the I.D # 287718

Can someone please! help ?
http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/truck ... sort=3&o=4
I really don't understand how to post a single photo of this bike on this site so enjoy all the other pic's He! He! He!

You have to copy the 'img' code, and paste it in your reply, like a so:

This looks to be a teens-30s 'motobike' style frame, one of the hardest eras to ID, since they look almost identical. The only clue I see, is the way the rear stays pinch together above the fender brace. Often seen on Schwinn and Shelby frames of the era, like this Shelby I have:

-Adam

Thanks! for the info, Sorry I haven't been able to get back with this, been dealing with some medical issues and heavy work load,surgery last Wed so now I can get back into it .
Head tube was screwed up so it's getting replaced and struts are getting straightened out as well, I'll be re-furbishing the bike with all new up to date components so I should get a fabulous bike.

Well I'm getting the steer tube replaced and then it's off to powder coating.

Once I refigure out how to post pic's I will start a build thread, right now I'm trying to figure out what color to paint it ?

Latest posts

Back