1937 Elgin Oriole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goal is to use all the original pieces, except seat. Re grease everything, Put boiled linseed oil over everything. Straighten the aluminum fenders best I can and put fat franks probably creme but possibly clay on it for tires. I’d also like to replace the reflectors with nice cut glass ones.
These Elgin Orioles are some really COOOL looking bikes.. Good bones for building a mild custom... Good luck.. RaToN... Razin...

I have seen a few bikes where the seat mast has separated or cracked at the bottom bracket on what I believe are the Murray built bikes with the “streamlined” frame. Those frames are different to gravelgrinders as they have the electroforged bottom bracket with long extensions. I believe the upper seat stay section is also e’forged. The Elgin below has this problem and is being parted out currently on the cabe.View attachment 183802View attachment 183803
I’ve seen a couple of other bikes with the problem and will try to find pictures of those too.
A good welder that knows how to braze could probably fix this frame.. If no body wants the frame, i would take it off their hands.. My fabricator guy could fix this... Thanks... Mark...

Latest posts

Back